Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Volleyball: Egypt begin title defence with win over Kenya
After recently winning Group 3 at the FIVB World League, Egypt began the African championship as heavy favourites to retain the title.
They kicked off their campaign with a 3-0 victory over Kenya who remained competitive in the first set which ended 25-19 for the Egyptians.
In the second and third sets Egypt controlled proceedings thanks to their fine serves to win 25-14 and 25-18 respectively.
Egypt lead pool A which also includes Botswana and Algeria who face-off later on the 23rd of July.
The competition also include Cameroon, Mauritius, Morocco, Rwanda and Tunisia who were placed in pool B.
The two finalists will secure their tickets to the 2015 FIVB World Cup which will be held in Japan from 8th to 23rd of September.