Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
Volleyball: Egypt begin title defence with win over Kenya
After recently winning Group 3 at the FIVB World League, Egypt began the African championship as heavy favourites to retain the title.
They kicked off their campaign with a 3-0 victory over Kenya who remained competitive in the first set which ended 25-19 for the Egyptians.
In the second and third sets Egypt controlled proceedings thanks to their fine serves to win 25-14 and 25-18 respectively.
Egypt lead pool A which also includes Botswana and Algeria who face-off later on the 23rd of July.
The competition also include Cameroon, Mauritius, Morocco, Rwanda and Tunisia who were placed in pool B.
The two finalists will secure their tickets to the 2015 FIVB World Cup which will be held in Japan from 8th to 23rd of September.