After losing the Champions League final to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s chairman, Mortada...
- Mortada Mansour: the refree recieved a bribe
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
Volleyball: Egypt begin title defence with win over Kenya
After recently winning Group 3 at the FIVB World League, Egypt began the African championship as heavy favourites to retain the title.
They kicked off their campaign with a 3-0 victory over Kenya who remained competitive in the first set which ended 25-19 for the Egyptians.
In the second and third sets Egypt controlled proceedings thanks to their fine serves to win 25-14 and 25-18 respectively.
Egypt lead pool A which also includes Botswana and Algeria who face-off later on the 23rd of July.
The competition also include Cameroon, Mauritius, Morocco, Rwanda and Tunisia who were placed in pool B.
The two finalists will secure their tickets to the 2015 FIVB World Cup which will be held in Japan from 8th to 23rd of September.