Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Volleyball: Egypt begin title defence with win over Kenya
After recently winning Group 3 at the FIVB World League, Egypt began the African championship as heavy favourites to retain the title.
They kicked off their campaign with a 3-0 victory over Kenya who remained competitive in the first set which ended 25-19 for the Egyptians.
In the second and third sets Egypt controlled proceedings thanks to their fine serves to win 25-14 and 25-18 respectively.
Egypt lead pool A which also includes Botswana and Algeria who face-off later on the 23rd of July.
The competition also include Cameroon, Mauritius, Morocco, Rwanda and Tunisia who were placed in pool B.
The two finalists will secure their tickets to the 2015 FIVB World Cup which will be held in Japan from 8th to 23rd of September.