Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Greek side Panetolikos interested in Egypt’s Amr Warda
Amr Warda, currently in Egypt, is preparing his papers and visa to depart his home country across the sea to Greece, to join Panetolikos within the next few days.
Warda struggled to break into Ahly’s star-studded first team, forcing his loan move to Ittihad of Alexandria. The 21-year-old also regularly features for Egypt’s Olympic team.
Amr previously had trials at Spanish side Sevilla and IK Start of Norway, however, he was called back by Al Ahly on both occasions. Later this year, Warda received a trial offer from Real Betis as well as a loan offer, but again, the player was left disappointed as his club rejected the offer. However, Warda’s dream to play in Europe seems to have finally come true, with Panetolikos of Greece seeking his services.
Amr spoke with Greek sports news site Sport24 about his proposed Panetolikos move.
“I’m really glad to come to Greece. I want to play football in Europe, and I think Panetolikos is a very good step for me. I’ve heard only praise regarding the club, I watched multiple videos too,” the Egyptian told Sport24.
Amr also made it clear in the interview where he prefers to play.
“My favourite position is right behind the strikers, however, I can play on both flanks too,” he added.
The Ahly starlet ended his interview by mentioning his favourite football players and role models.
“My favourite player of all time is Mohamed Abou-Treika. My role model is legendary French player Zinedine Zidane,” concluded Amr.