Amr Warda scored his first PAOK goal in a convincing 3-1 win...
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
Greek side Panetolikos interested in Egypt’s Amr Warda
Amr Warda, currently in Egypt, is preparing his papers and visa to depart his home country across the sea to Greece, to join Panetolikos within the next few days.
Warda struggled to break into Ahly’s star-studded first team, forcing his loan move to Ittihad of Alexandria. The 21-year-old also regularly features for Egypt’s Olympic team.
Amr previously had trials at Spanish side Sevilla and IK Start of Norway, however, he was called back by Al Ahly on both occasions. Later this year, Warda received a trial offer from Real Betis as well as a loan offer, but again, the player was left disappointed as his club rejected the offer. However, Warda’s dream to play in Europe seems to have finally come true, with Panetolikos of Greece seeking his services.
Amr spoke with Greek sports news site Sport24 about his proposed Panetolikos move.
“I’m really glad to come to Greece. I want to play football in Europe, and I think Panetolikos is a very good step for me. I’ve heard only praise regarding the club, I watched multiple videos too,” the Egyptian told Sport24.
Amr also made it clear in the interview where he prefers to play.
“My favourite position is right behind the strikers, however, I can play on both flanks too,” he added.
The Ahly starlet ended his interview by mentioning his favourite football players and role models.
“My favourite player of all time is Mohamed Abou-Treika. My role model is legendary French player Zinedine Zidane,” concluded Amr.