KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Greek side Panetolikos interested in Egypt’s Amr Warda
Amr Warda, currently in Egypt, is preparing his papers and visa to depart his home country across the sea to Greece, to join Panetolikos within the next few days.
Warda struggled to break into Ahly’s star-studded first team, forcing his loan move to Ittihad of Alexandria. The 21-year-old also regularly features for Egypt’s Olympic team.
Amr previously had trials at Spanish side Sevilla and IK Start of Norway, however, he was called back by Al Ahly on both occasions. Later this year, Warda received a trial offer from Real Betis as well as a loan offer, but again, the player was left disappointed as his club rejected the offer. However, Warda’s dream to play in Europe seems to have finally come true, with Panetolikos of Greece seeking his services.
Amr spoke with Greek sports news site Sport24 about his proposed Panetolikos move.
“I’m really glad to come to Greece. I want to play football in Europe, and I think Panetolikos is a very good step for me. I’ve heard only praise regarding the club, I watched multiple videos too,” the Egyptian told Sport24.
Amr also made it clear in the interview where he prefers to play.
“My favourite position is right behind the strikers, however, I can play on both flanks too,” he added.
The Ahly starlet ended his interview by mentioning his favourite football players and role models.
“My favourite player of all time is Mohamed Abou-Treika. My role model is legendary French player Zinedine Zidane,” concluded Amr.