Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
Greek side Panetolikos interested in Egypt’s Amr Warda
Amr Warda, currently in Egypt, is preparing his papers and visa to depart his home country across the sea to Greece, to join Panetolikos within the next few days.
Warda struggled to break into Ahly’s star-studded first team, forcing his loan move to Ittihad of Alexandria. The 21-year-old also regularly features for Egypt’s Olympic team.
Amr previously had trials at Spanish side Sevilla and IK Start of Norway, however, he was called back by Al Ahly on both occasions. Later this year, Warda received a trial offer from Real Betis as well as a loan offer, but again, the player was left disappointed as his club rejected the offer. However, Warda’s dream to play in Europe seems to have finally come true, with Panetolikos of Greece seeking his services.
Amr spoke with Greek sports news site Sport24 about his proposed Panetolikos move.
“I’m really glad to come to Greece. I want to play football in Europe, and I think Panetolikos is a very good step for me. I’ve heard only praise regarding the club, I watched multiple videos too,” the Egyptian told Sport24.
Amr also made it clear in the interview where he prefers to play.
“My favourite position is right behind the strikers, however, I can play on both flanks too,” he added.
The Ahly starlet ended his interview by mentioning his favourite football players and role models.
“My favourite player of all time is Mohamed Abou-Treika. My role model is legendary French player Zinedine Zidane,” concluded Amr.