Egypt beat Uganda in the second round of Group D, however, they...
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
Smouha’s Abdel-Khalek: I’ll join Zamalek in a few days
Smouha midfielder Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek confirmed that he will be joining Cairo giants Zamalek in a ‘few days’ after the arrival of the latter’s official offer.
Both club chairmen, Mortada Mansour and Farag Amer, previously said that a deal was in the works for the player’s transfer to the White Castle.
The 29-year-old midfielder said on Egyptian TV that he will become a White Knight in a few days.
“During the next few days, I’ll join Zamalek officially after the arrival of their offer,” he said.
“Smouha requested a few players from Zamalek; the deal could include players. We will see what will happen but I’ve sat down with Farag Amer and he told me I’ll be leaving to Zamalek,” he added.
Upon Ibrahim’s arrival, Zamalek will have signed four players so far: Mohamed Adel Gomaa, Mohamed Gamal and Mohamed Ibrahim. Although the Whites are yet to officially announce the signings.
Zamalek are also linked to multiple other players including ENPPI’s trio of Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’, Ahmed Refaat and Amr El-Halawani.