Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
OFFICIAL: Al Masry reappoint Hossam Hassan as manager
Former Jordan national team coach Hossam Hassan once again takes charge of the Port Said club after leaving his post as manager of Ittihad of Alexandria. The appointment comes just two days after Hossam led Ittihad to the quarter-finals of the Egypt Cup, and one day after the club announced their new president – Samir Halabia.
Hossam Hassan replaces Mokhtar Mokhtar at the helm, with the former Petrojet manager spending less than three months in charge. Tarek Yehia and Juan José Maqueda also coached the Green Eagles earlier this season.
The 48-year-old previously played for Al Masry from 2000-2004 and later managed the club in 2012. They were enjoying an impressive 2011/2012 campaign under the management of the Hassan twins – with his brother Ibrahim an assistant – which ended with a 3-1 win over Al Ahly prior to the Port Said tragedy and subsequent season cancellation.
— Al-Masry Club (@AlMasrySC) July 25, 2015
Hossam managed Ittihad for the majority of their 2014/2015 league campaign following his sacking at Zamalek after only six matches. Egypt’s all-time leading goalscorer guided the Alexandrian side to 9 wins, 13 draws and 10 losses in 32 league games.
Al Masry ended the Egyptian Premier League season in 11th place with 50 points, just two over Hossam’s former side Ittihad.