Egypt’s Amr Warda has been voted as PAOK’s best player as he...
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
VIDEO: Smouha face 2-0 home defeat to Mazembe
Smouha controlled the rhythm and the tempo of the first half. The first real chance of the match came in the 10th minute through Smouha’s Hani El-Egeizy, but his shot went wide. El-Egeizy came close to scoring again, in the 26th minute, but his header went over the crossbar.
Despite the home team’s dominance, the visitors were able to score late in the first half. In the 41st minute, Rainford Kalaba scored from inside the box after the ball was crossed to him from the left side of the field. The first half ended with the score being 1-0 in favor of the visitors, TP Mazembe.
Smouha was still dominant in the second half, but was still unable to score. In the 48th minute, the crossbar denied Hani El-Egeizy an equalizer. In the 55th minute, Hermann Kouao of Smouha failed to convert a one on one with the keeper following a sublime pass from Alaa Ali.
In the 82nd minute, Daniel Nii Adjei broke the hearts of the Smouha players when he scored the second goal for TP Mazembe. Smouha’s Ayman Ashraf was given a second yellow card for simulation two minutes before full time.
After this game, TP Mazembe topped Group A with five points, while Smouha fell to third place with three points. Smouha’s next match in the CAF Champions League is in DR Congo against TP Mazembe on the 9th of August.