Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
Wadi Degla women crowned league champions for 7th season in a row
Wadi Degla’s women’s team beat Aviation Club 4-3 on penalties to seal their seventh Egyptian Premier League title in a row.
The game between Wadi Degla women and Aviation Club was held at Al-Moasasa stadium and refereed by Sarah Samir, who became the first female referee to officiate a men’s league match in Egypt earlier this year. No goals were scored during regular time, forcing the match to penalties.
Wadi Degla’s Omneya Mahmoud, Ingy Attia, Salwa Mansour and Nevine Gamal all scored their penalties, while Sara Abdallah wasted her’s.
The shoot-out win saw Mohamed Kamal Attia’s side secure the women’s Egyptian Premier League title, Wadi Degla’s seventh in a row.
Egyptian Football Association (EFA) board member Tharwat Sweilam, EFA technical director Mahmoud Saad, women’s football supervisor Sahar El-Hawari and Cairo representative Ibrahim El-Kassas handed the girls their gold, silver and bronze medals to Degla, Aviation and Al-Saha Wal-Aboor respectively.
Al-Saha Wal-Aboor previously beat Al-Tanmiya Sport 6-1 to secure themselves a third place finish.
It is worth noting that Road to the States’ best female player Sarah Essam represents Wadi Degla.