Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
Wadi Degla women crowned league champions for 7th season in a row
Wadi Degla’s women’s team beat Aviation Club 4-3 on penalties to seal their seventh Egyptian Premier League title in a row.
The game between Wadi Degla women and Aviation Club was held at Al-Moasasa stadium and refereed by Sarah Samir, who became the first female referee to officiate a men’s league match in Egypt earlier this year. No goals were scored during regular time, forcing the match to penalties.
Wadi Degla’s Omneya Mahmoud, Ingy Attia, Salwa Mansour and Nevine Gamal all scored their penalties, while Sara Abdallah wasted her’s.
The shoot-out win saw Mohamed Kamal Attia’s side secure the women’s Egyptian Premier League title, Wadi Degla’s seventh in a row.
Egyptian Football Association (EFA) board member Tharwat Sweilam, EFA technical director Mahmoud Saad, women’s football supervisor Sahar El-Hawari and Cairo representative Ibrahim El-Kassas handed the girls their gold, silver and bronze medals to Degla, Aviation and Al-Saha Wal-Aboor respectively.
Al-Saha Wal-Aboor previously beat Al-Tanmiya Sport 6-1 to secure themselves a third place finish.
It is worth noting that Road to the States’ best female player Sarah Essam represents Wadi Degla.