Ghana who have been without a coach since Avram Grant’s depature could...
- Italian coach Fabrizio Ravanelli linked with Black Stars job
- SQUASH: An All Egyptian Women Final in Windy City Open Squash
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
Ahmed Fathi terminates contract with Umm Salal
Umm Salal agreed to terminate contract with Egypt international Ahmed Fathi by mutual consent after he spent only one season at the club.
The Qatari-based club announced the news on their official twitter account on Monday, wishing Fathi good luck in his future.
“Ahmed Fathi’s contract was terminated by mutual consent. We wish Fathi good luck wherever he goes,” the tweet read.
— نادي أم صلال الرياضي (@ummsalalsc) July 27, 2015
Earlier this month, Umm Salal announced in an official statement that they will try to convince Fathi to continue his contract with the club, following rumors about his intention to terminate his contract.
The former Al Ahly right-back is expected to return to his former club as was announced by Al Ahly’s football director Alaa Abdel Sadek. The Red Devils want to re-sign him in attempt to further bolster their squad in the transfer market.
Fathi played with the Qatari team 17 games in which he scored one goal before announcing his desire to terminate his contract.