Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Ahmed Fathi terminates contract with Umm Salal
Umm Salal agreed to terminate contract with Egypt international Ahmed Fathi by mutual consent after he spent only one season at the club.
The Qatari-based club announced the news on their official twitter account on Monday, wishing Fathi good luck in his future.
“Ahmed Fathi’s contract was terminated by mutual consent. We wish Fathi good luck wherever he goes,” the tweet read.
— نادي أم صلال الرياضي (@ummsalalsc) July 27, 2015
Earlier this month, Umm Salal announced in an official statement that they will try to convince Fathi to continue his contract with the club, following rumors about his intention to terminate his contract.
The 30-year-old joined Umm Salal on a free transfer from Al Ahly back in August 2014 on a three-year deal after he refused to extend his contract with the Red Devils.
The former Al Ahly right-back is expected to return to his former club as was announced by Al Ahly’s football director Alaa Abdel Sadek. The Red Devils want to re-sign him in attempt to further bolster their squad in the transfer market.
Fathi played with the Qatari team 17 games in which he scored one goal before announcing his desire to terminate his contract.