Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Ahmed Fathi terminates contract with Umm Salal
Umm Salal agreed to terminate contract with Egypt international Ahmed Fathi by mutual consent after he spent only one season at the club.
The Qatari-based club announced the news on their official twitter account on Monday, wishing Fathi good luck in his future.
“Ahmed Fathi’s contract was terminated by mutual consent. We wish Fathi good luck wherever he goes,” the tweet read.
— نادي أم صلال الرياضي (@ummsalalsc) July 27, 2015
Earlier this month, Umm Salal announced in an official statement that they will try to convince Fathi to continue his contract with the club, following rumors about his intention to terminate his contract.
The former Al Ahly right-back is expected to return to his former club as was announced by Al Ahly’s football director Alaa Abdel Sadek. The Red Devils want to re-sign him in attempt to further bolster their squad in the transfer market.
Fathi played with the Qatari team 17 games in which he scored one goal before announcing his desire to terminate his contract.