Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Ahmed Fathi terminates contract with Umm Salal
Umm Salal agreed to terminate contract with Egypt international Ahmed Fathi by mutual consent after he spent only one season at the club.
The Qatari-based club announced the news on their official twitter account on Monday, wishing Fathi good luck in his future.
“Ahmed Fathi’s contract was terminated by mutual consent. We wish Fathi good luck wherever he goes,” the tweet read.
— نادي أم صلال الرياضي (@ummsalalsc) July 27, 2015
Earlier this month, Umm Salal announced in an official statement that they will try to convince Fathi to continue his contract with the club, following rumors about his intention to terminate his contract.
The former Al Ahly right-back is expected to return to his former club as was announced by Al Ahly’s football director Alaa Abdel Sadek. The Red Devils want to re-sign him in attempt to further bolster their squad in the transfer market.
Fathi played with the Qatari team 17 games in which he scored one goal before announcing his desire to terminate his contract.