Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Ahmed Fathi terminates contract with Umm Salal
Umm Salal agreed to terminate contract with Egypt international Ahmed Fathi by mutual consent after he spent only one season at the club.
The Qatari-based club announced the news on their official twitter account on Monday, wishing Fathi good luck in his future.
“Ahmed Fathi’s contract was terminated by mutual consent. We wish Fathi good luck wherever he goes,” the tweet read.
— نادي أم صلال الرياضي (@ummsalalsc) July 27, 2015
Earlier this month, Umm Salal announced in an official statement that they will try to convince Fathi to continue his contract with the club, following rumors about his intention to terminate his contract.
The 30-year-old joined Umm Salal on a free transfer from Al Ahly back in August 2014 on a three-year deal after he refused to extend his contract with the Red Devils.
The former Al Ahly right-back is expected to return to his former club as was announced by Al Ahly’s football director Alaa Abdel Sadek. The Red Devils want to re-sign him in attempt to further bolster their squad in the transfer market.
Fathi played with the Qatari team 17 games in which he scored one goal before announcing his desire to terminate his contract.