Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
OFFICIAL: Arab Contractors duo Alaa, Salem join Zamalek
Although Zamalek are rumoured to have signed 11 players this summer, these are the first two signings to be actually announced by the club.
It is reported that the duo’s signatures cost Zamalek a total of six million Egyptian pounds.
Meanwhile, Zamalek’s 30-year-old defensive midfielder Mohamed Shaaban will join Hassan Shehata’s Contractors after failing to stake his claim in the Whites’ squad since arriving from ENPPI last summer.
رسمياً: الزمالك يضُم اللاعبان محمد سالم وشريف علاء. pic.twitter.com/h1azY2pAHO
— Zamalek SC (@ZSCOfficial) July 27, 2015
Despite Jesualdo Ferreira expected depart Zamalek at the end of the season, club chairman Mortada Mansour revealed on TV that the Portuguese manager is heavily involved in the club’s transfer policy.
“All signings are done under the supervision of Jesualdo Ferreira, Ismail Yousef is the link between myself and the Portuguese,” he said.
Mohamed Salem is well known for his extraordinary pace and clinical finishing. The Egypt international’s work rate is also outstanding; constantly running on and off the ball, forcing defenders to commit fatal mistakes at times.
The 21-year-old can fit perfectly as a striker, winger or even as shadow striker. He first made an impression in the 2013/14 Egyptian Premier League season, scoring against many local teams including Cairo giants Al Ahly.
Sherif Alaa, however, plays at left-back. The 23-year-old had three assists in the 33 games he played with the Contractors this season.
Mohamed Salem will join Zamalek’s training right after the Olympic team training team concludes, while Sherif will join right after Zamalek’s Wadi Degla game on the fourth of August.