Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
OFFICIAL: Arab Contractors duo Alaa, Salem join Zamalek
Although Zamalek are rumoured to have signed 11 players this summer, these are the first two signings to be actually announced by the club.
It is reported that the duo’s signatures cost Zamalek a total of six million Egyptian pounds.
Meanwhile, Zamalek’s 30-year-old defensive midfielder Mohamed Shaaban will join Hassan Shehata’s Contractors after failing to stake his claim in the Whites’ squad since arriving from ENPPI last summer.
رسمياً: الزمالك يضُم اللاعبان محمد سالم وشريف علاء. pic.twitter.com/h1azY2pAHO
Despite Jesualdo Ferreira expected depart Zamalek at the end of the season, club chairman Mortada Mansour revealed on TV that the Portuguese manager is heavily involved in the club’s transfer policy.
“All signings are done under the supervision of Jesualdo Ferreira, Ismail Yousef is the link between myself and the Portuguese,” he said.
Mohamed Salem is well known for his extraordinary pace and clinical finishing. The Egypt international’s work rate is also outstanding; constantly running on and off the ball, forcing defenders to commit fatal mistakes at times.
The 21-year-old can fit perfectly as a striker, winger or even as shadow striker. He first made an impression in the 2013/14 Egyptian Premier League season, scoring against many local teams including Cairo giants Al Ahly.
Sherif Alaa, however, plays at left-back. The 23-year-old had three assists in the 33 games he played with the Contractors this season.
Mohamed Salem will join Zamalek’s training right after the Olympic team training team concludes, while Sherif will join right after Zamalek’s Wadi Degla game on the fourth of August.