Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
OFFICIAL: Arab Contractors duo Alaa, Salem join Zamalek
Although Zamalek are rumoured to have signed 11 players this summer, these are the first two signings to be actually announced by the club.
It is reported that the duo’s signatures cost Zamalek a total of six million Egyptian pounds.
Meanwhile, Zamalek’s 30-year-old defensive midfielder Mohamed Shaaban will join Hassan Shehata’s Contractors after failing to stake his claim in the Whites’ squad since arriving from ENPPI last summer.
رسمياً: الزمالك يضُم اللاعبان محمد سالم وشريف علاء. pic.twitter.com/h1azY2pAHO
— Zamalek SC (@ZSCOfficial) July 27, 2015
Despite Jesualdo Ferreira expected depart Zamalek at the end of the season, club chairman Mortada Mansour revealed on TV that the Portuguese manager is heavily involved in the club’s transfer policy.
“All signings are done under the supervision of Jesualdo Ferreira, Ismail Yousef is the link between myself and the Portuguese,” he said.
Mohamed Salem is well known for his extraordinary pace and clinical finishing. The Egypt international’s work rate is also outstanding; constantly running on and off the ball, forcing defenders to commit fatal mistakes at times.
The 21-year-old can fit perfectly as a striker, winger or even as shadow striker. He first made an impression in the 2013/14 Egyptian Premier League season, scoring against many local teams including Cairo giants Al Ahly.
Sherif Alaa, however, plays at left-back. The 23-year-old had three assists in the 33 games he played with the Contractors this season.
Mohamed Salem will join Zamalek’s training right after the Olympic team training team concludes, while Sherif will join right after Zamalek’s Wadi Degla game on the fourth of August.