KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Handball: Egypt qualify to round of 16 in Brazil
The Pharaohs qualified to the round of 16 after finishing in second place of Group D with 7 points, after three wins against Uruguay (37-20), hosts Brazil (32-31) and Norway (31-21), plus a draw against Japan (27-27). Egypt’s one loss at Brazil 2015 came against Germany (24-29), the winners of Group D.
Egypt is expected to play against South Korea from Group C as they qualified in third place with 6 points after winning three matches while losing twice.
The Egyptian national team replaced Ahmed Mustafa Khairi with Ahmed Hashem after a nasty injury against Germany.
Hashem is a promising 20-year-old left winger playing for Aviation Club in Egypt and has scored 19 goals in six international appearances.