Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Handball: Egypt qualify to round of 16 in Brazil
The Pharaohs qualified to the round of 16 after finishing in second place of Group D with 7 points, after three wins against Uruguay (37-20), hosts Brazil (32-31) and Norway (31-21), plus a draw against Japan (27-27). Egypt’s one loss at Brazil 2015 came against Germany (24-29), the winners of Group D.
Egypt is expected to play against South Korea from Group C as they qualified in third place with 6 points after winning three matches while losing twice.
The Egyptian national team replaced Ahmed Mustafa Khairi with Ahmed Hashem after a nasty injury against Germany.
Hashem is a promising 20-year-old left winger playing for Aviation Club in Egypt and has scored 19 goals in six international appearances.