Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
Handball: Egypt qualify to round of 16 in Brazil
The Pharaohs qualified to the round of 16 after finishing in second place of Group D with 7 points, after three wins against Uruguay (37-20), hosts Brazil (32-31) and Norway (31-21), plus a draw against Japan (27-27). Egypt’s one loss at Brazil 2015 came against Germany (24-29), the winners of Group D.
Egypt is expected to play against South Korea from Group C as they qualified in third place with 6 points after winning three matches while losing twice.
The Egyptian national team replaced Ahmed Mustafa Khairi with Ahmed Hashem after a nasty injury against Germany.
Hashem is a promising 20-year-old left winger playing for Aviation Club in Egypt and has scored 19 goals in six international appearances.