Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Handball: Egypt qualify to round of 16 in Brazil
The Pharaohs qualified to the round of 16 after finishing in second place of Group D with 7 points, after three wins against Uruguay (37-20), hosts Brazil (32-31) and Norway (31-21), plus a draw against Japan (27-27). Egypt’s one loss at Brazil 2015 came against Germany (24-29), the winners of Group D.
Egypt is expected to play against South Korea from Group C as they qualified in third place with 6 points after winning three matches while losing twice.
The Egyptian national team replaced Ahmed Mustafa Khairi with Ahmed Hashem after a nasty injury against Germany.
Hashem is a promising 20-year-old left winger playing for Aviation Club in Egypt and has scored 19 goals in six international appearances.