Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Hammer throw: Egypt’s Mostafa Al-Gamal qualifies to Rio 2016
Al Ahly’s hammer throw and athletics champion, Mostafa Al-Gamal, managed to qualify to the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.
The 26-year-old made a 79.90 meter throw in Cairo International Stadium on Saturday which ranked him second globally as he achieved the second best number this year.
Al-Gamal broke the African and Egyptian hammer throw record last year, achieving a 81.29m throw, adding 66 cm to the previous record that stood since 2005, which was 80.63 m. He also added more than three meters with the same throw to the Egyptian record which was 78.21 m.
— Al Ahly – الأهلي (@AlAhly) July 27, 2015
Youth and sports minister, Khaled Abdel-Aziz, congratulated the Egyptian champion via his Facebook account, wishing him and all Egyptian players the best of luck.
Mostafa Al-Gamal joins seven Egyptian athletes who qualified earlier to the 2016 Rio Olympics, including a javelin thrower, two shooters, one Judoka and three Egyptian swimmers.