Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
VIDEO: Home sides Sfaxien, Tetouan falter in continental fixtures
CS Sfaxien 0-1 Orlando Pirates
CS Sfaxien; Jridi- Maaloul, Saidani, Ben Jemia, Derbali- Meriah, Moncer, Louati, Hanachi, Chalouf- Mezlini
Orlando Pirates; Mhlongo- Sangweni, Jele, Nyauza, Matlaba- Sarr, Manyisa, Rakhale, Myeni, Gabuza- Majoro
The visitors were the stronger of the two and were unfortunate not to convert their plethora of chances into a goal. Thabo Matlaba was put through in the early moments of the first half but he could only scuffle his chance with the keeper to beat. In their domination, Pirates had a penalty contention waived away after Myeni was brought down when he looked likely to tap home.
Sfaxien could not create similar chances despite playing at home and only came close through an Ali Maaloul free-kick. His stinger dealt with relative ease by the Pirates goalkeeper.
The goal came on soon after the restart with Rakhale lobbing Jridi after the Pirates players managed to get in-behind the host’s defense. It could have been 2-0 but Sfaxien were lucky as Erasmus saw his rebound effort come off the side bar.
Pirates are second in Group B of the CAF Confederation Cup with six points while Sfaxien and Leopards languish at the bottom of the group with a point a piece.
Moghreb Tetouan 1-1 Al Hilal
Al Hilal retook top spot in Group A of the Champions League after holding Moghreb Tetouan away from home.
Moghreb Tetouan; El Yousfi- Khallati, Bouchtah, Lamrabat, Tato, Lakhal, Jahouh, Mimouni, Grada, Khadrouf, Krouch
Al Hilal; Feudjou- Masawi, Gaber, Koko, Omer, Bashir, Cisse, Hamid, Eltahir, Jhulliam, Mudather El Tahir
After a barren first half, the home side took the lead on the 70th minute mark courtesy of Khadrouf. This was after great build-up play by the Moroccans. However their lead was short lived as Hilal responded only seven minutes later. Andrezinho finished off inside the box to assure a share of the spoils.
The result leaves Moghreb Tetouan at the bottom of the group but only a point behind Smouha and two off the qualification positions.