Al Ahly continued their winning streak after beating Tanta 1-0 on Monday,...
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
Zamalek to pay for Leopards’ player treatment expenses
Zamalek announced that they will be paying for AC Léopards’ Rudy Bhebey Ndey treatment expenses following his severe injury in Sunday’s game in the the African Confederation Cup.
Ndey was one-on-one with the Whites goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shennawy before the latter charged to clear the ball. The 29-year-old striker then took a wrong jump following a tackle by E-Shennawy that led to him falling almost completely vertically on his head.
The impact lead to a spinal cord concussion, a fifth cervical vertebra dislocation and bruises to the spinal cord and the sixth cervical vertebrae.
The player suffered form quadriplegia when he arrived at the hospital. Emergency intervention was done to save the player’s life, however, the treating doctor could not confirm the player’s status after recovery.
Zamalek board announced that the club will be enduring any medical expenses the player requires. Team captain Hazem Emam also said that the whole squad will be visiting the player at the hospital.