Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns’...
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns’ midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
Zamalek to pay for Leopards’ player treatment expenses
Zamalek announced that they will be paying for AC Léopards’ Rudy Bhebey Ndey treatment expenses following his severe injury in Sunday’s game in the the African Confederation Cup.
Ndey was one-on-one with the Whites goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shennawy before the latter charged to clear the ball. The 29-year-old striker then took a wrong jump following a tackle by E-Shennawy that led to him falling almost completely vertically on his head.
The impact lead to a spinal cord concussion, a fifth cervical vertebra dislocation and bruises to the spinal cord and the sixth cervical vertebrae.
The player suffered form quadriplegia when he arrived at the hospital. Emergency intervention was done to save the player’s life, however, the treating doctor could not confirm the player’s status after recovery.
Zamalek board announced that the club will be enduring any medical expenses the player requires. Team captain Hazem Emam also said that the whole squad will be visiting the player at the hospital.