Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
Zamalek to pay for Leopards’ player treatment expenses
Zamalek announced that they will be paying for AC Léopards’ Rudy Bhebey Ndey treatment expenses following his severe injury in Sunday’s game in the the African Confederation Cup.
Ndey was one-on-one with the Whites goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shennawy before the latter charged to clear the ball. The 29-year-old striker then took a wrong jump following a tackle by E-Shennawy that led to him falling almost completely vertically on his head.
The impact lead to a spinal cord concussion, a fifth cervical vertebra dislocation and bruises to the spinal cord and the sixth cervical vertebrae.
The player suffered form quadriplegia when he arrived at the hospital. Emergency intervention was done to save the player’s life, however, the treating doctor could not confirm the player’s status after recovery.
Zamalek board announced that the club will be enduring any medical expenses the player requires. Team captain Hazem Emam also said that the whole squad will be visiting the player at the hospital.