Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Zamalek to pay for Leopards’ player treatment expenses
Zamalek announced that they will be paying for AC Léopards’ Rudy Bhebey Ndey treatment expenses following his severe injury in Sunday’s game in the the African Confederation Cup.
Ndey was one-on-one with the Whites goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shennawy before the latter charged to clear the ball. The 29-year-old striker then took a wrong jump following a tackle by E-Shennawy that led to him falling almost completely vertically on his head.
The impact lead to a spinal cord concussion, a fifth cervical vertebra dislocation and bruises to the spinal cord and the sixth cervical vertebrae.
The player suffered form quadriplegia when he arrived at the hospital. Emergency intervention was done to save the player’s life, however, the treating doctor could not confirm the player’s status after recovery.
Zamalek board announced that the club will be enduring any medical expenses the player requires. Team captain Hazem Emam also said that the whole squad will be visiting the player at the hospital.