Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
EXCLUSIVE: AEK Athens express interest in Karim Hafez
According to KingFut sources, AEK Athens are interested in Lierse’s 19-year-old Egyptian Karim Hafez, and there has already been contact between the two clubs; although no formal offer has been made at this point.
With AEK on the hunt for a new left-back, Hafez, who scored three goals and assisted thrice in 22 appearances in the Belgian top flight last season, has become one of the Greek Super League side’s prime targets.
AEK were ‘self-relegated’ to the amateur division in 2013 due to the incredible debt the club accumulated over the years. However, after two successive promotions, the eleven-time Greek champions have now returned to the top tier.
While AEK will be competing in the first division next season, Lierse have sunk to the division below after being relegated from the Jupiler Pro League following a tough relegation playoff series.
Wadi Degla product Karim Hafez was given his first national call up by Argentine manager Héctor Cúper back in May, before making his debut for the Pharaohs in a 2-1 friendly win against Malawi on 8 June.