Egyptian champions Tala’a El-Gaish lost their third game in a row at...
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
EXCLUSIVE: AEK Athens express interest in Karim Hafez
According to KingFut sources, AEK Athens are interested in Lierse’s 19-year-old Egyptian Karim Hafez, and there has already been contact between the two clubs; although no formal offer has been made at this point.
With AEK on the hunt for a new left-back, Hafez, who scored three goals and assisted thrice in 22 appearances in the Belgian top flight last season, has become one of the Greek Super League side’s prime targets.
AEK were ‘self-relegated’ to the amateur division in 2013 due to the incredible debt the club accumulated over the years. However, after two successive promotions, the eleven-time Greek champions have now returned to the top tier.
While AEK will be competing in the first division next season, Lierse have sunk to the division below after being relegated from the Jupiler Pro League following a tough relegation playoff series.
Wadi Degla product Karim Hafez was given his first national call up by Argentine manager Héctor Cúper back in May, before making his debut for the Pharaohs in a 2-1 friendly win against Malawi on 8 June.