Al Nasr have sealed promotion to the Egyptian Premier League after securing...
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
EXCLUSIVE: AEK Athens express interest in Karim Hafez
According to KingFut sources, AEK Athens are interested in Lierse’s 19-year-old Egyptian Karim Hafez, and there has already been contact between the two clubs; although no formal offer has been made at this point.
With AEK on the hunt for a new left-back, Hafez, who scored three goals and assisted thrice in 22 appearances in the Belgian top flight last season, has become one of the Greek Super League side’s prime targets.
AEK were ‘self-relegated’ to the amateur division in 2013 due to the incredible debt the club accumulated over the years. However, after two successive promotions, the eleven-time Greek champions have now returned to the top tier.
While AEK will be competing in the first division next season, Lierse have sunk to the division below after being relegated from the Jupiler Pro League following a tough relegation playoff series.
Wadi Degla product Karim Hafez was given his first national call up by Argentine manager Héctor Cúper back in May, before making his debut for the Pharaohs in a 2-1 friendly win against Malawi on 8 June.