Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
EXCLUSIVE: AEK Athens express interest in Karim Hafez
According to KingFut sources, AEK Athens are interested in Lierse’s 19-year-old Egyptian Karim Hafez, and there has already been contact between the two clubs; although no formal offer has been made at this point.
With AEK on the hunt for a new left-back, Hafez, who scored three goals and assisted thrice in 22 appearances in the Belgian top flight last season, has become one of the Greek Super League side’s prime targets.
AEK were ‘self-relegated’ to the amateur division in 2013 due to the incredible debt the club accumulated over the years. However, after two successive promotions, the eleven-time Greek champions have now returned to the top tier.
While AEK will be competing in the first division next season, Lierse have sunk to the division below after being relegated from the Jupiler Pro League following a tough relegation playoff series.
Wadi Degla product Karim Hafez was given his first national call up by Argentine manager Héctor Cúper back in May, before making his debut for the Pharaohs in a 2-1 friendly win against Malawi on 8 June.