Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has announced that the team...
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
EXCLUSIVE: AEK Athens express interest in Karim Hafez
According to KingFut sources, AEK Athens are interested in Lierse’s 19-year-old Egyptian Karim Hafez, and there has already been contact between the two clubs; although no formal offer has been made at this point.
With AEK on the hunt for a new left-back, Hafez, who scored three goals and assisted thrice in 22 appearances in the Belgian top flight last season, has become one of the Greek Super League side’s prime targets.
AEK were ‘self-relegated’ to the amateur division in 2013 due to the incredible debt the club accumulated over the years. However, after two successive promotions, the eleven-time Greek champions have now returned to the top tier.
While AEK will be competing in the first division next season, Lierse have sunk to the division below after being relegated from the Jupiler Pro League following a tough relegation playoff series.
Wadi Degla product Karim Hafez was given his first national call up by Argentine manager Héctor Cúper back in May, before making his debut for the Pharaohs in a 2-1 friendly win against Malawi on 8 June.