In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
OFFICIAL: Ahmed Fathi rejoins Al Ahly on three-year deal
The former Al Ahly right-back will join Cairo giants on a free transfer as he terminated his contract with Umm Salal on Monday after spending only one season at the Qatari-based club.
The 30-year-old joined Umm Salal as a free agent from Al Ahly back in August 2014 on a three-year deal after he refused to extend his contract with the Red Devils.
Al Ahly football director Alaa Abdel Sadek asserted that Fathi, who attended Al Ahly game against Smouha, will be a great addition to the team.
“Fathi officially joined Al Ahly. It is a three-year deal and Fathi will be a valuable addition to the team,” Abdel Sadek said on Tuesday.
Al Ahly have been seeking to bolster their squad with several new signings after experiencing a drop in performance this season. Fathi becomes Al Ahly’s fifth big signing of the summer transfer window after midfielder Saleh Gomaa, Ghanaian striker John Antwi, Gabon forward Malick Evouna and Egypt striker Mohamed Hamdy Zaki completed their moves to the Red Castle.