Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
OFFICIAL: Ahmed Fathi rejoins Al Ahly on three-year deal
The former Al Ahly right-back will join Cairo giants on a free transfer as he terminated his contract with Umm Salal on Monday after spending only one season at the Qatari-based club.
The 30-year-old joined Umm Salal as a free agent from Al Ahly back in August 2014 on a three-year deal after he refused to extend his contract with the Red Devils.
Al Ahly football director Alaa Abdel Sadek asserted that Fathi, who attended Al Ahly game against Smouha, will be a great addition to the team.
“Fathi officially joined Al Ahly. It is a three-year deal and Fathi will be a valuable addition to the team,” Abdel Sadek said on Tuesday.
Al Ahly have been seeking to bolster their squad with several new signings after experiencing a drop in performance this season. Fathi becomes Al Ahly’s fifth big signing of the summer transfer window after midfielder Saleh Gomaa, Ghanaian striker John Antwi, Gabon forward Malick Evouna and Egypt striker Mohamed Hamdy Zaki completed their moves to the Red Castle.