Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
OFFICIAL: Ahmed Fathi rejoins Al Ahly on three-year deal
The former Al Ahly right-back will join Cairo giants on a free transfer as he terminated his contract with Umm Salal on Monday after spending only one season at the Qatari-based club.
The 30-year-old joined Umm Salal as a free agent from Al Ahly back in August 2014 on a three-year deal after he refused to extend his contract with the Red Devils.
Al Ahly football director Alaa Abdel Sadek asserted that Fathi, who attended Al Ahly game against Smouha, will be a great addition to the team.
“Fathi officially joined Al Ahly. It is a three-year deal and Fathi will be a valuable addition to the team,” Abdel Sadek said on Tuesday.
Al Ahly have been seeking to bolster their squad with several new signings after experiencing a drop in performance this season. Fathi becomes Al Ahly’s fifth big signing of the summer transfer window after midfielder Saleh Gomaa, Ghanaian striker John Antwi, Gabon forward Malick Evouna and Egypt striker Mohamed Hamdy Zaki completed their moves to the Red Castle.