Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
OFFICIAL: Ahmed Fathi rejoins Al Ahly on three-year deal
The former Al Ahly right-back will join Cairo giants on a free transfer as he terminated his contract with Umm Salal on Monday after spending only one season at the Qatari-based club.
The 30-year-old joined Umm Salal as a free agent from Al Ahly back in August 2014 on a three-year deal after he refused to extend his contract with the Red Devils.
Al Ahly football director Alaa Abdel Sadek asserted that Fathi, who attended Al Ahly game against Smouha, will be a great addition to the team.
“Fathi officially joined Al Ahly. It is a three-year deal and Fathi will be a valuable addition to the team,” Abdel Sadek said on Tuesday.
Al Ahly have been seeking to bolster their squad with several new signings after experiencing a drop in performance this season. Fathi becomes Al Ahly’s fifth big signing of the summer transfer window after midfielder Saleh Gomaa, Ghanaian striker John Antwi, Gabon forward Malick Evouna and Egypt striker Mohamed Hamdy Zaki completed their moves to the Red Castle.