Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
OFFICIAL: Ahmed Fathi rejoins Al Ahly on three-year deal
The former Al Ahly right-back will join Cairo giants on a free transfer as he terminated his contract with Umm Salal on Monday after spending only one season at the Qatari-based club.
The 30-year-old joined Umm Salal as a free agent from Al Ahly back in August 2014 on a three-year deal after he refused to extend his contract with the Red Devils.
Al Ahly football director Alaa Abdel Sadek asserted that Fathi, who attended Al Ahly game against Smouha, will be a great addition to the team.
“Fathi officially joined Al Ahly. It is a three-year deal and Fathi will be a valuable addition to the team,” Abdel Sadek said on Tuesday.
Al Ahly have been seeking to bolster their squad with several new signings after experiencing a drop in performance this season. Fathi becomes Al Ahly’s fifth big signing of the summer transfer window after midfielder Saleh Gomaa, Ghanaian striker John Antwi, Gabon forward Malick Evouna and Egypt striker Mohamed Hamdy Zaki completed their moves to the Red Castle.