Ghana and FC Schalke left-back Baba Rahman was ruled out of the African...
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
OFFICIAL: El-Maqassa midfielder Ahmed El-Sheikh joins Al Ahly
Al Ahly have officially signed Misr El-Maqassa midfielder Ahmed El-Sheikh for a reported 8.5 million EGP.
After stiff competition with arch-rivals and newly-crowned league champions Zamalek, Al Ahly managed to reach an agreement with El-Maqassa, signing Ahmed El-Sheikh to a five-year-deal worth more than $1 million USD.
Zamalek were close to acquiring the services of El-Sheikh, but the 22-year-old later changed his mind and opting to join the Red Castle.
Earlier this month, Zamalek president Mortada Mansour announced a deal was finalised, and El-Sheikh would be joining the Whites during the summer transfer window.
Misr El-Maqassa chairman Mohamed Abdel-Salam also confirmed El-Sheikh had previously signed contracts with Zamalek before choosing to move to Al Ahly.
El-Sheikh joined El-Maqassa last season after signing from Beni Suef. He played 20 games and scored 8 goals for the club in the Egyptian Premier League this season.
Sheikh is Al Ahly’s fifth signing this summer after John Antwi, Malick Evouna, Saleh Gomaa and Ahmed Fathi.