KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
OFFICIAL: El-Maqassa midfielder Ahmed El-Sheikh joins Al Ahly
After stiff competition with arch-rivals and newly-crowned league champions Zamalek, Al Ahly managed to reach an agreement with El-Maqassa, signing Ahmed El-Sheikh to a five-year-deal worth more than $1 million USD.
Zamalek were close to acquiring the services of El-Sheikh, but the 22-year-old later changed his mind and opting to join the Red Castle.
Earlier this month, Zamalek president Mortada Mansour announced a deal was finalised, and El-Sheikh would be joining the Whites during the summer transfer window.
Misr El-Maqassa chairman Mohamed Abdel-Salam also confirmed El-Sheikh had previously signed contracts with Zamalek before choosing to move to Al Ahly.
El-Sheikh joined El-Maqassa last season after signing from Beni Suef. He played 20 games and scored 8 goals for the club in the Egyptian Premier League this season.
Sheikh is Al Ahly’s fifth signing this summer after John Antwi, Malick Evouna, Saleh Gomaa and Ahmed Fathi.