Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
Former Al Ahly wonderkid Amir Sayoud signs for DRB Tadjenanet
Once being labelled as the new big thing, Amir Sayoud has returned to the Algerian Ligue 1 again after signing for the newly promoted team DRB Tadjenanet.
The Algerian playmaker, who signed for Al Ahly back in 2009, was once tipped to be a star in the Red Devils’ ranks; however his time in Cairo was anything but – being the subject of ridicule due to a comical penalty in an Egypt Cup game against Kima Aswan.
The 24-year-old enjoyed loan spells at Al-Arabi, Ismaily, and MC Alger – after failing to impress, he had his contract terminated by Al Ahly. After a spell with Bulgarian side Beroe Stara Zagora, he once again returned to Africa, this time with CS Sfaxien who released him last year.
However, it seems Sayoud has been handed another lifeline, joining newly-promoted DRBT – who finished the 2014/2015 season second in Ligue 2, four points off champions USM Blida.
The former Algerian U-23 international joins a group of talented players including Abdelhakim Amokrane from ES Setif, Abdelghani Khiat from JS Kabyile, Farid Daoud from RC Arbaa and Congolese international Larry Nkolo from Diables Noirs.
It is also worth mentioning that 2015/2016 will mark DRBT’s first-ever season in the Algerian top flight.