Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Mortada Mansour announces resignation
Mortada Mansour announced his resignation as president of Zamalek today after celebrating the club’s win of the Egyptian Premier League earlier this week.
Mansour told Egyptian TV he “will ask the general assembly to begin to elect a new president for the club.”
The controversial lawyer went on to thank the fans and the club.
“I resign, and I wish to see delighted Zamalek fans after winning the league title,” he said.
Mansour has been president of the club since 2014 but claims a lot has been done for the club during his reign.
“A lot has been done for the club in the past years, especially with the deals done this summer. We put a smile on the fans faces,” he said.
Mansour finished by adding that the decision to step down was made by himself and his family.
Presidential election procedures will start Thursday following the former president’s abrupt departure.