Speaking exclusively to KingFut.com, former Arsenal winger and current coach Robert Pires...
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
Mortada Mansour announces resignation
Mansour told Egyptian TV he “will ask the general assembly to begin to elect a new president for the club.”
The controversial lawyer went on to thank the fans and the club.
“I resign, and I wish to see delighted Zamalek fans after winning the league title,” he said.
Mansour has been president of the club since 2014 but claims a lot has been done for the club during his reign.
“A lot has been done for the club in the past years, especially with the deals done this summer. We put a smile on the fans faces,” he said.
Mansour finished by adding that the decision to step down was made by himself and his family.
Presidential election procedures will start Thursday following the former president’s abrupt departure.