Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal has stressed that Egypt manager Hector Cuper...
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
Mortada Mansour announces resignation
Mansour told Egyptian TV he “will ask the general assembly to begin to elect a new president for the club.”
The controversial lawyer went on to thank the fans and the club.
“I resign, and I wish to see delighted Zamalek fans after winning the league title,” he said.
Mansour has been president of the club since 2014 but claims a lot has been done for the club during his reign.
“A lot has been done for the club in the past years, especially with the deals done this summer. We put a smile on the fans faces,” he said.
Mansour finished by adding that the decision to step down was made by himself and his family.
Presidential election procedures will start Thursday following the former president’s abrupt departure.