After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Mortada Mansour announces resignation
Mansour told Egyptian TV he “will ask the general assembly to begin to elect a new president for the club.”
The controversial lawyer went on to thank the fans and the club.
“I resign, and I wish to see delighted Zamalek fans after winning the league title,” he said.
Mansour has been president of the club since 2014 but claims a lot has been done for the club during his reign.
“A lot has been done for the club in the past years, especially with the deals done this summer. We put a smile on the fans faces,” he said.
Mansour finished by adding that the decision to step down was made by himself and his family.
Presidential election procedures will start Thursday following the former president’s abrupt departure.