The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Mortada Mansour announces resignation
Mansour told Egyptian TV he “will ask the general assembly to begin to elect a new president for the club.”
The controversial lawyer went on to thank the fans and the club.
“I resign, and I wish to see delighted Zamalek fans after winning the league title,” he said.
Mansour has been president of the club since 2014 but claims a lot has been done for the club during his reign.
“A lot has been done for the club in the past years, especially with the deals done this summer. We put a smile on the fans faces,” he said.
Mansour finished by adding that the decision to step down was made by himself and his family.
Presidential election procedures will start Thursday following the former president’s abrupt departure.