Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
OFFICIAL: Ahmed Hassan Mekki signs for Zamalek
Newly crowned 2014/2015 Egyptian Premier League champions Zamalek have started preparing for next season by signing the 28-year old Egyptian striker, as the White Knights look to boost their attacking options and strengthen their squad.
The left-footed target man officially put pen to paper to join Zamalek from Haras El-Hodood on a reported 3-year deal for for 3.5 million EGP ($447,000).
رسمياً: أحمد حسن مكي لاعب حرس الحدود ينضم لأبطال الدوري نادي الزمالك. pic.twitter.com/uVaOAkKrrz
— #CHAMP12NS (@ZSCOfficial) July 28, 2015
Mekki, who was once heavily-linked with Bundesliga outfit Stuttgart, managed to score 43 goals in 134 Egyptian Premier League appearances with Haras El-Hodood, 11 of which were netted this season.
It is also worth noting that the highly-rated striker has 27 international games to his name, with the latest being the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifier match against Tanzania.
Mekki is Zamalek’s third big signing of the summer transfer window, following the signings of Arab Contractors duo Mohamed Salem and Sherif Alaa.