Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
OFFICIAL: Ahmed Hassan Mekki signs for Zamalek
Egyptian international Ahmed Hassan Mekki has joined Zamalek from Haras El-Hodood on a reported three-year deal.
Newly crowned 2014/2015 Egyptian Premier League champions Zamalek have started preparing for next season by signing the 28-year old Egyptian striker, as the White Knights look to boost their attacking options and strengthen their squad.
The left-footed target man officially put pen to paper to join Zamalek from Haras El-Hodood on a reported 3-year deal for for 3.5 million EGP ($447,000).
رسمياً: أحمد حسن مكي لاعب حرس الحدود ينضم لأبطال الدوري نادي الزمالك. pic.twitter.com/uVaOAkKrrz
— #CHAMP12NS (@ZSCOfficial) July 28, 2015
Mekki, who was once heavily-linked with Bundesliga outfit Stuttgart, managed to score 43 goals in 134 Egyptian Premier League appearances with Haras El-Hodood, 11 of which were netted this season.
It is also worth noting that the highly-rated striker has 27 international games to his name, with the latest being the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifier match against Tanzania.
Mekki is Zamalek’s third big signing of the summer transfer window, following the signings of Arab Contractors duo Mohamed Salem and Sherif Alaa.