Egypt giants Al Ahly have announced the date for their encounter with Zambian...
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
Wadi Degla: Lille join AEK in chase for youngster Karim Hafez
On Tuesday morning, KingFut.com exclusively revealed AEK Athens have made first contact with Lierse SK over 19-year-old Egypt left-back Karim Hafez.
Greek newspaper Efimerida Ton Sintakton later confirmed the interest, and reported that it is possible representatives of Wadi Degla, likely president Maged Samy, will travel to Athens “sometime before the end of the week” for further talks about Hafez.
Lierse’s parent club, Wadi Degla, took to their official website to confirm the news, and added securing his services won’t be an easy task for the former Greek champions as Lille OSC have ‘entered negotiations’ as well.
Hafez, who scored three goals in 22 appearances in the Jupiler Pro League last season, was given his first national call up by Argentine manager Héctor Cúper back in May, before making his debut for the Pharaohs in a 2-1 friendly win against Malawi on 8 June.
Lierse were relegated from the Belgian top flight towards the end of the season following a tough relegation playoff series.