KingFut covers the live action as Egypt take on Uganda in the...
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
Wadi Degla: Lille join AEK in chase for youngster Karim Hafez
On Tuesday morning, KingFut.com exclusively revealed AEK Athens have made first contact with Lierse SK over 19-year-old Egypt left-back Karim Hafez.
Greek newspaper Efimerida Ton Sintakton later confirmed the interest, and reported that it is possible representatives of Wadi Degla, likely president Maged Samy, will travel to Athens “sometime before the end of the week” for further talks about Hafez.
Lierse’s parent club, Wadi Degla, took to their official website to confirm the news, and added securing his services won’t be an easy task for the former Greek champions as Lille OSC have ‘entered negotiations’ as well.
Hafez, who scored three goals in 22 appearances in the Jupiler Pro League last season, was given his first national call up by Argentine manager Héctor Cúper back in May, before making his debut for the Pharaohs in a 2-1 friendly win against Malawi on 8 June.
Lierse were relegated from the Belgian top flight towards the end of the season following a tough relegation playoff series.