Smouha left back Patrick Malo has discussed his adaptation to life with the...
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
Wadi Degla: Lille join AEK in chase for youngster Karim Hafez
On Tuesday morning, KingFut.com exclusively revealed AEK Athens have made first contact with Lierse SK over 19-year-old Egypt left-back Karim Hafez.
Greek newspaper Efimerida Ton Sintakton later confirmed the interest, and reported that it is possible representatives of Wadi Degla, likely president Maged Samy, will travel to Athens “sometime before the end of the week” for further talks about Hafez.
Lierse’s parent club, Wadi Degla, took to their official website to confirm the news, and added securing his services won’t be an easy task for the former Greek champions as Lille OSC have ‘entered negotiations’ as well.
Hafez, who scored three goals in 22 appearances in the Jupiler Pro League last season, was given his first national call up by Argentine manager Héctor Cúper back in May, before making his debut for the Pharaohs in a 2-1 friendly win against Malawi on 8 June.
Lierse were relegated from the Belgian top flight towards the end of the season following a tough relegation playoff series.