Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Wadi Degla: Lille join AEK in chase for youngster Karim Hafez
On Tuesday morning, KingFut.com exclusively revealed AEK Athens have made first contact with Lierse SK over 19-year-old Egypt left-back Karim Hafez.
Greek newspaper Efimerida Ton Sintakton later confirmed the interest, and reported that it is possible representatives of Wadi Degla, likely president Maged Samy, will travel to Athens “sometime before the end of the week” for further talks about Hafez.
Lierse’s parent club, Wadi Degla, took to their official website to confirm the news, and added securing his services won’t be an easy task for the former Greek champions as Lille OSC have ‘entered negotiations’ as well.
Hafez, who scored three goals in 22 appearances in the Jupiler Pro League last season, was given his first national call up by Argentine manager Héctor Cúper back in May, before making his debut for the Pharaohs in a 2-1 friendly win against Malawi on 8 June.
Lierse were relegated from the Belgian top flight towards the end of the season following a tough relegation playoff series.