Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
Wadi Degla: Lille join AEK in chase for youngster Karim Hafez
On Tuesday morning, KingFut.com exclusively revealed AEK Athens have made first contact with Lierse SK over 19-year-old Egypt left-back Karim Hafez.
Greek newspaper Efimerida Ton Sintakton later confirmed the interest, and reported that it is possible representatives of Wadi Degla, likely president Maged Samy, will travel to Athens “sometime before the end of the week” for further talks about Hafez.
Lierse’s parent club, Wadi Degla, took to their official website to confirm the news, and added securing his services won’t be an easy task for the former Greek champions as Lille OSC have ‘entered negotiations’ as well.
Hafez, who scored three goals in 22 appearances in the Jupiler Pro League last season, was given his first national call up by Argentine manager Héctor Cúper back in May, before making his debut for the Pharaohs in a 2-1 friendly win against Malawi on 8 June.
Lierse were relegated from the Belgian top flight towards the end of the season following a tough relegation playoff series.