Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
VOLLEYBALL: Egypt national team qualify to Japan 2015 World Cup
The Egyptian national volleyball team has qualified to the World Cup for the sixth time after reaching the final of the men’s African Nations Championship.
The Egyptian volleyball team has secured a place at the FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Cup after qualifying to the final of the African Nations Championship with Tunisia, following wins against Morocco and Algeria.
Egypt overcame Morocco comfortably by winning 3-0 (25-17, 28-26, 25-20) while Tunisia had a rough time against the Algerians as the match took 121 minutes, with Tunisia winning 3-2.
Egypt won the men’s African Nations Championship title 7 times while Tunisia have won it eight times; which sets up a highly competitive final despite both teams already qualifying for Japan 2015.
The final will be played on Thursday at 17:00 in the Cairo Stadium Complex.
The World Cup, which is to be played from September 8 to September 23 in Japan, is a qualification process for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The top two teams will join hosts Brazil and qualify for the Olympics.