Al-Ahli Tripoli qualified to the 2017 CAF Champions League round of 32 after...
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
VOLLEYBALL: Egypt national team qualify to Japan 2015 World Cup
The Egyptian national volleyball team has qualified to the World Cup for the sixth time after reaching the final of the men’s African Nations Championship.
The Egyptian volleyball team has secured a place at the FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Cup after qualifying to the final of the African Nations Championship with Tunisia, following wins against Morocco and Algeria.
Egypt overcame Morocco comfortably by winning 3-0 (25-17, 28-26, 25-20) while Tunisia had a rough time against the Algerians as the match took 121 minutes, with Tunisia winning 3-2.
Egypt won the men’s African Nations Championship title 7 times while Tunisia have won it eight times; which sets up a highly competitive final despite both teams already qualifying for Japan 2015.
The final will be played on Thursday at 17:00 in the Cairo Stadium Complex.
The World Cup, which is to be played from September 8 to September 23 in Japan, is a qualification process for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The top two teams will join hosts Brazil and qualify for the Olympics.