Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
VOLLEYBALL: Egypt national team qualify to Japan 2015 World Cup
The Egyptian national volleyball team has qualified to the World Cup for the sixth time after reaching the final of the men’s African Nations Championship.
The Egyptian volleyball team has secured a place at the FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Cup after qualifying to the final of the African Nations Championship with Tunisia, following wins against Morocco and Algeria.
Egypt overcame Morocco comfortably by winning 3-0 (25-17, 28-26, 25-20) while Tunisia had a rough time against the Algerians as the match took 121 minutes, with Tunisia winning 3-2.
Egypt won the men’s African Nations Championship title 7 times while Tunisia have won it eight times; which sets up a highly competitive final despite both teams already qualifying for Japan 2015.
The final will be played on Thursday at 17:00 in the Cairo Stadium Complex.
The World Cup, which is to be played from September 8 to September 23 in Japan, is a qualification process for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The top two teams will join hosts Brazil and qualify for the Olympics.