Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
VOLLEYBALL: Egypt national team qualify to Japan 2015 World Cup
The Egyptian national volleyball team has qualified to the World Cup for the sixth time after reaching the final of the men’s African Nations Championship.
The Egyptian volleyball team has secured a place at the FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Cup after qualifying to the final of the African Nations Championship with Tunisia, following wins against Morocco and Algeria.
Egypt overcame Morocco comfortably by winning 3-0 (25-17, 28-26, 25-20) while Tunisia had a rough time against the Algerians as the match took 121 minutes, with Tunisia winning 3-2.
Egypt won the men’s African Nations Championship title 7 times while Tunisia have won it eight times; which sets up a highly competitive final despite both teams already qualifying for Japan 2015.
The final will be played on Thursday at 17:00 in the Cairo Stadium Complex.
The World Cup, which is to be played from September 8 to September 23 in Japan, is a qualification process for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The top two teams will join hosts Brazil and qualify for the Olympics.