AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Zamalek’s El-Shennawy keen on Premier League move
El-Shennawy, who played a vital role in helping the White Knights win the Egyptian Premier League title for the first time since 11 years, said that he received an English offer more than two months ago.
“I received an offer to play in the English Premier League starting from next season,” El Shennawy said in a televised interview.
Shennawy joined Zamalek from Al Masry during the 2014 summer transfer window on a five-year deal. The 24-year-old Egypt goalkeeper said that he wants to accomplish his dream of playing in Europe, stating that he has always dreamt of moving to England.
“My dream is to play in the English Premier League and I believe that if I had the chance to do so, it will have a positive impact on my career,” Shennawy added.
El-Shennawy said that he wants negotiations to be directly with Zamalek and its chairman Mortada Mansour, asserting that he won’t leave except after the approval of Zamalek officials.
“When I received the offer, I was told that I have a release clause in my contract but I refused to use it,” El-Shennawy explained.
Zamalek goalkeeping coach Ayman Taher said that El-Shennawy will need to wait for a couple of years before moving to England.
“El-Shennawy’s skills would allow him to play in any of the major leagues, but that would be after two years as he is 23 years old only, and then instead of joining a middle-table club, he’ll receive offers from the big clubs,” Taher said.
El-Shennawy started the majority of Zamalek’s fixtures this season; keeping 21 clean sheets in all competitions and leading the Whites to win the league two weeks before it ends.