Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
VOLLEYBALL: Egypt win African Nations Championship over Tunisia
The Egyptian national volleyball team have won the 2015 men’s African Nations Championship after an impressive 3-0 win against Tunisia.
The Pharaohs have won their eighth African Nations Championship (CAVB) after beating rivals Tunisia on Thursday, tying the Carthage Eagles’ record for most titles in the process.
The Egyptian National Team crushed Tunisia in 78 minutes with three sets in a row ( 26-24, 25-18, 25-21) at Cairo Stadium complex.
The Pharaohs took home four individual awards:
Best server: Abdelhalim Abou
Best receiver: Mohamed Abdel Moneim
Best blocker: Mohamed Adel
Most valuable player: Ahmed Salah
Egypt is the top ranked CAVB team, followed by Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco.
Come September, The Pharaohs may have a chance to play the Carthage Eagles again after both teams qualified for the 2015 FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Cup in Japan.