Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
VOLLEYBALL: Egypt win African Nations Championship over Tunisia
The Egyptian national volleyball team have won the 2015 men’s African Nations Championship after an impressive 3-0 win against Tunisia.
The Pharaohs have won their eighth African Nations Championship (CAVB) after beating rivals Tunisia on Thursday, tying the Carthage Eagles’ record for most titles in the process.
The Egyptian National Team crushed Tunisia in 78 minutes with three sets in a row ( 26-24, 25-18, 25-21) at Cairo Stadium complex.
The Pharaohs took home four individual awards:
Best server: Abdelhalim Abou
Best receiver: Mohamed Abdel Moneim
Best blocker: Mohamed Adel
Most valuable player: Ahmed Salah
Egypt is the top ranked CAVB team, followed by Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco.
Come September, The Pharaohs may have a chance to play the Carthage Eagles again after both teams qualified for the 2015 FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Cup in Japan.