South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
EXCLUSIVE: Hafez edges closer to AEK as Wadi Degla visit Athens
It is believed that Lierse SK and Wadi Degla owner Maged Samy met with the Greek Super League club personally; however, this has yet to be confirmed by the club.
Wadi Degla have already confirmed AEK’s interest, and also revealed 2010-11 Ligue 1 champions Lille OSC ‘entered negotiations’ as well.
However, the eleven-time Greek champions have already made a proposal for Karim and a deal appears close to being agreed.
Hafez, who scored three goals in 22 appearances for relegated Lierse in the Belgian top flight last season, is one of the Greek side’s prime targets.
The Wadi Degla product made his national team debut for the Pharaohs in June under Argentine manager Héctor Cúper; coming off the bench in a 2-1 friendly win against Malawi.
Although a deal seems to be close, discussions continue and it’s quite possible that an agreement may be reached over the weekend.
After being ‘self-relegated’ to the amateur division in 2013 due to massive debt, the club have managed to return to the top tier following two successive promotions.