Egypt international Amr Warda scored his second PAOK goal as his side...
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
EXCLUSIVE: Hafez edges closer to AEK as Wadi Degla visit Athens
According to KingFut sources, representatives of Wadi Degla travelled to Athens and met with AEK on Thursday to discuss a potential deal for 19-year-old Egypt international Karim Hafez.
It is believed that Lierse SK and Wadi Degla owner Maged Samy met with the Greek Super League club personally; however, this has yet to be confirmed by the club.
Wadi Degla have already confirmed AEK’s interest, and also revealed 2010-11 Ligue 1 champions Lille OSC ‘entered negotiations’ as well.
However, the eleven-time Greek champions have already made a proposal for Karim and a deal appears close to being agreed.
Hafez, who scored three goals in 22 appearances for relegated Lierse in the Belgian top flight last season, is one of the Greek side’s prime targets.
The Wadi Degla product made his national team debut for the Pharaohs in June under Argentine manager Héctor Cúper; coming off the bench in a 2-1 friendly win against Malawi.
Although a deal seems to be close, discussions continue and it’s quite possible that an agreement may be reached over the weekend.
After being ‘self-relegated’ to the amateur division in 2013 due to massive debt, the club have managed to return to the top tier following two successive promotions.