Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
EXCLUSIVE: Hafez edges closer to AEK as Wadi Degla visit Athens
Wadi Degla have already confirmed AEK’s interest, and also revealed 2010-11 Ligue 1 champions Lille OSC ‘entered negotiations’ as well.
However, the eleven-time Greek champions have already made a proposal for Karim and a deal appears close to being agreed.
Hafez, who scored three goals in 22 appearances for relegated Lierse in the Belgian top flight last season, is one of the Greek side’s prime targets.
The Wadi Degla product made his national team debut for the Pharaohs in June under Argentine manager Héctor Cúper; coming off the bench in a 2-1 friendly win against Malawi.
Although a deal seems to be close, discussions continue and it’s quite possible that an agreement may be reached over the weekend.
After being ‘self-relegated’ to the amateur division in 2013 due to massive debt, the club have managed to return to the top tier following two successive promotions.