KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
EXCLUSIVE: Hafez edges closer to AEK as Wadi Degla visit Athens
According to KingFut sources, representatives of Wadi Degla travelled to Athens and met with AEK on Thursday to discuss a potential deal for 19-year-old Egypt international Karim Hafez.
It is believed that Lierse SK and Wadi Degla owner Maged Samy met with the Greek Super League club personally; however, this has yet to be confirmed by the club.
Wadi Degla have already confirmed AEK’s interest, and also revealed 2010-11 Ligue 1 champions Lille OSC ‘entered negotiations’ as well.
However, the eleven-time Greek champions have already made a proposal for Karim and a deal appears close to being agreed.
Hafez, who scored three goals in 22 appearances for relegated Lierse in the Belgian top flight last season, is one of the Greek side’s prime targets.
Although a deal seems to be close, discussions continue and it’s quite possible that an agreement may be reached over the weekend.
After being ‘self-relegated’ to the amateur division in 2013 due to massive debt, the club have managed to return to the top tier following two successive promotions.