Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
EXCLUSIVE: Hafez edges closer to AEK as Wadi Degla visit Athens
According to KingFut sources, representatives of Wadi Degla travelled to Athens and met with AEK on Thursday to discuss a potential deal for 19-year-old Egypt international Karim Hafez.
It is believed that Lierse SK and Wadi Degla owner Maged Samy met with the Greek Super League club personally; however, this has yet to be confirmed by the club.
Wadi Degla have already confirmed AEK’s interest, and also revealed 2010-11 Ligue 1 champions Lille OSC ‘entered negotiations’ as well.
However, the eleven-time Greek champions have already made a proposal for Karim and a deal appears close to being agreed.
Hafez, who scored three goals in 22 appearances for relegated Lierse in the Belgian top flight last season, is one of the Greek side’s prime targets.
The Wadi Degla product made his national team debut for the Pharaohs in June under Argentine manager Héctor Cúper; coming off the bench in a 2-1 friendly win against Malawi.
Although a deal seems to be close, discussions continue and it’s quite possible that an agreement may be reached over the weekend.
After being ‘self-relegated’ to the amateur division in 2013 due to massive debt, the club have managed to return to the top tier following two successive promotions.