AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Petrojet appoint Egypt legend Ahmed Hassan as new manager
Ahmed Hassan has been appointed as Petrojet’s manager on a two-year contract to replace Ramadan El-Sayed.
The most capped player in football history joins the petroleum club after leaving his previous job as Egypt’s national team director.
This will be the first chance for Hassan to begin his managerial career after a well decorated playing career with the likes of Ismaily, Besiktas, RSC Anderlecht, Al Ahly, Zamalek and Egypt’s national team – where he set a world record 184 caps before retiring in 2013.
Petrojet have called a press conference for Sunday at which they are expected to unveil Ahmed Hassan and his backroom staff.
A number of former Egyptian stars have been recently appointed as managers of Premier League clubs, including Hany Ramzy (ENPPI), Hossam Hassan (Al Masry), Mido (Ismaily) and prior to them Hassan Shehata (Arab Contractors).
UPDATE (2 August, 2015): Ahmed Hassan was unveiled as Petrojet’s new player-manager on Sunday, and was given his trademark number 17.