Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
Petrojet appoint Egypt legend Ahmed Hassan as new manager
Ahmed Hassan has been appointed as Petrojet’s manager on a two-year contract to replace Ramadan El-Sayed.
The most capped player in football history joins the petroleum club after leaving his previous job as Egypt’s national team director.
This will be the first chance for Hassan to begin his managerial career after a well decorated playing career with the likes of Ismaily, Besiktas, RSC Anderlecht, Al Ahly, Zamalek and Egypt’s national team – where he set a world record 184 caps before retiring in 2013.
Petrojet have called a press conference for Sunday at which they are expected to unveil Ahmed Hassan and his backroom staff.
A number of former Egyptian stars have been recently appointed as managers of Premier League clubs, including Hany Ramzy (ENPPI), Hossam Hassan (Al Masry), Mido (Ismaily) and prior to them Hassan Shehata (Arab Contractors).
UPDATE (2 August, 2015): Ahmed Hassan was unveiled as Petrojet’s new player-manager on Sunday, and was given his trademark number 17.