Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Petrojet appoint Egypt legend Ahmed Hassan as new manager
Ahmed Hassan has been appointed as Petrojet’s manager on a two-year contract to replace Ramadan El-Sayed.
The most capped player in football history joins the petroleum club after leaving his previous job as Egypt’s national team director.
This will be the first chance for Hassan to begin his managerial career after a well decorated playing career with the likes of Ismaily, Besiktas, RSC Anderlecht, Al Ahly, Zamalek and Egypt’s national team – where he set a world record 184 caps before retiring in 2013.
Petrojet have called a press conference for Sunday at which they are expected to unveil Ahmed Hassan and his backroom staff.
A number of former Egyptian stars have been recently appointed as managers of Premier League clubs, including Hany Ramzy (ENPPI), Hossam Hassan (Al Masry), Mido (Ismaily) and prior to them Hassan Shehata (Arab Contractors).
UPDATE (2 August, 2015): Ahmed Hassan was unveiled as Petrojet’s new player-manager on Sunday, and was given his trademark number 17.