Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Petrojet appoint Egypt legend Ahmed Hassan as new manager
Ahmed Hassan has been appointed as Petrojet’s manager on a two-year contract to replace Ramadan El-Sayed.
The most capped player in football history joins the petroleum club after leaving his previous job as Egypt’s national team director.
This will be the first chance for Hassan to begin his managerial career after a well decorated playing career with the likes of Ismaily, Besiktas, RSC Anderlecht, Al Ahly, Zamalek and Egypt’s national team – where he set a world record 184 caps before retiring in 2013.
Petrojet have called a press conference for Sunday at which they are expected to unveil Ahmed Hassan and his backroom staff.
A number of former Egyptian stars have been recently appointed as managers of Premier League clubs, including Hany Ramzy (ENPPI), Hossam Hassan (Al Masry), Mido (Ismaily) and prior to them Hassan Shehata (Arab Contractors).
UPDATE (2 August, 2015): Ahmed Hassan was unveiled as Petrojet’s new player-manager on Sunday, and was given his trademark number 17.