Al Nasr have sealed promotion to the Egyptian Premier League after securing...
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
Petrojet appoint Egypt legend Ahmed Hassan as new manager
Ahmed Hassan has been appointed as Petrojet’s manager on a two-year contract to replace Ramadan El-Sayed.
The most capped player in football history joins the petroleum club after leaving his previous job as Egypt’s national team director.
This will be the first chance for Hassan to begin his managerial career after a well decorated playing career with the likes of Ismaily, Besiktas, RSC Anderlecht, Al Ahly, Zamalek and Egypt’s national team – where he set a world record 184 caps before retiring in 2013.
Petrojet have called a press conference for Sunday at which they are expected to unveil Ahmed Hassan and his backroom staff.
A number of former Egyptian stars have been recently appointed as managers of Premier League clubs, including Hany Ramzy (ENPPI), Hossam Hassan (Al Masry), Mido (Ismaily) and prior to them Hassan Shehata (Arab Contractors).
UPDATE (2 August, 2015): Ahmed Hassan was unveiled as Petrojet’s new player-manager on Sunday, and was given his trademark number 17.