Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Salah: I can’t wait to start with Roma
Amid his first meeting with Roma manager Rudi Garcia, Mohamed Salah expressed his eagerness to start his new journey with the Giallorossi.
Mohamed Salah, who’s on the verge of completing a move to AS Roma from Chelsea, passed his medical with the club on Thursday.
After arriving to find himself surrounded by Roma fans from every direction, Salah admitted that he did not expect such a warm welcome from his new fans, which has him eager to get started in Rome.
The Egyptian international spoke to La Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday after his first meeting with coach Rudi Garcia, saying: “I wasn’t expecting such a warm welcome,” as translated by FootballItalia, before adding “I can’t wait to get started!”
The 51-year-old French manager responded to Salah’s words with equal excitement, saying: “We are waiting for you soon.”
Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini previously admitted regret by not signing Mohamed Salah in January after the Egyptian led Fiorentina to thrashing his side 3-0 a few months later.
The 23-year-old forward will not be the first Egyptian to join the club, after Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ signed for them in 2004. Mido struggled to break into the starting eleven, making just 8 appearances before moving to Tottenham; initially on loan before completing a permanent transfer.