Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has started the process of recovering...
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
Salah: I can’t wait to start with Roma
Mohamed Salah, who’s on the verge of completing a move to AS Roma from Chelsea, passed his medical with the club on Thursday.
After arriving to find himself surrounded by Roma fans from every direction, Salah admitted that he did not expect such a warm welcome from his new fans, which has him eager to get started in Rome.
The Egyptian international spoke to La Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday after his first meeting with coach Rudi Garcia, saying: “I wasn’t expecting such a warm welcome,” as translated by FootballItalia, before adding “I can’t wait to get started!”
The 51-year-old French manager responded to Salah’s words with equal excitement, saying: “We are waiting for you soon.”
Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini previously admitted regret by not signing Mohamed Salah in January after the Egyptian led Fiorentina to thrashing his side 3-0 a few months later.
The 23-year-old forward will not be the first Egyptian to join the club, after Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ signed for them in 2004. Mido struggled to break into the starting eleven, making just 8 appearances before moving to Tottenham; initially on loan before completing a permanent transfer.