KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Salah: I can’t wait to start with Roma
Amid his first meeting with Roma manager Rudi Garcia, Mohamed Salah expressed his eagerness to start his new journey with the Giallorossi.
Mohamed Salah, who’s on the verge of completing a move to AS Roma from Chelsea, passed his medical with the club on Thursday.
After arriving to find himself surrounded by Roma fans from every direction, Salah admitted that he did not expect such a warm welcome from his new fans, which has him eager to get started in Rome.
The Egyptian international spoke to La Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday after his first meeting with coach Rudi Garcia, saying: “I wasn’t expecting such a warm welcome,” as translated by FootballItalia, before adding “I can’t wait to get started!”
The 51-year-old French manager responded to Salah’s words with equal excitement, saying: “We are waiting for you soon.”
Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini previously admitted regret by not signing Mohamed Salah in January after the Egyptian led Fiorentina to thrashing his side 3-0 a few months later.
The 23-year-old forward will not be the first Egyptian to join the club, after Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ signed for them in 2004. Mido struggled to break into the starting eleven, making just 8 appearances before moving to Tottenham; initially on loan before completing a permanent transfer.