Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
VIDEO: Ismaily beat Al-Wehda 2-1 as Hosni Abdo-Rabo, fans return
The friendly was agreed between both clubs last week as Ismaily to prepare to meet Smouha in the 2015 Egypt Cup quarter-finals after eliminating Al-Ragaa.
The game was the second for Ismaily’s new coaching staff, led by newly-appointed manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, and witnessed the return of the Dervishes’ faithful.
Al-Wehda struck just five minutes after kick-off as defender Abdulaziz Al-Mansour scored his side’s only goal of the game after chaos in the penalty box.
The Yellow Dragons wasted multiple chances in the first half before Al Ahly and Zamalek target Amr El-Sulaya scored the night’s second goal.
Ahmed Samir Farag then added another through a thunderous shot before wasting a penalty.
During the second half, many youngsters were given a chance to showcase their skills and abilities. However, the game’s most significant highlight was the fans reuniting with club legend and Egypt international Hosni Abd-Rabo, who recently returned from another ACL injury.
The friendly, which will help Mido determine his new players’ technical and physical level, ended 2-1 in Ismaily’s favour.
Ismaily fans return: