Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
VIDEO: Ismaily beat Al-Wehda 2-1 as Hosni Abdo-Rabo, fans return
The friendly was agreed between both clubs last week as Ismaily to prepare to meet Smouha in the 2015 Egypt Cup quarter-finals after eliminating Al-Ragaa.
The game was the second for Ismaily’s new coaching staff, led by newly-appointed manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, and witnessed the return of the Dervishes’ faithful.
Al-Wehda struck just five minutes after kick-off as defender Abdulaziz Al-Mansour scored his side’s only goal of the game after chaos in the penalty box.
Ahmed Samir Farag then added another through a thunderous shot before wasting a penalty.
During the second half, many youngsters were given a chance to showcase their skills and abilities. However, the game’s most significant highlight was the fans reuniting with club legend and Egypt international Hosni Abd-Rabo, who recently returned from another ACL injury.
The friendly, which will help Mido determine his new players’ technical and physical level, ended 2-1 in Ismaily’s favour.
Ismaily fans return: