Ghana coach Avram Grant has demanded the allowance of replacing injured players in...
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
VIDEO: Ismaily beat Al-Wehda 2-1 as Hosni Abdo-Rabo, fans return
The friendly was agreed between both clubs last week as Ismaily to prepare to meet Smouha in the 2015 Egypt Cup quarter-finals after eliminating Al-Ragaa.
The game was the second for Ismaily’s new coaching staff, led by newly-appointed manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, and witnessed the return of the Dervishes’ faithful.
Al-Wehda struck just five minutes after kick-off as defender Abdulaziz Al-Mansour scored his side’s only goal of the game after chaos in the penalty box.
The Yellow Dragons wasted multiple chances in the first half before Al Ahly and Zamalek target Amr El-Sulaya scored the night’s second goal.
Ahmed Samir Farag then added another through a thunderous shot before wasting a penalty.
During the second half, many youngsters were given a chance to showcase their skills and abilities. However, the game’s most significant highlight was the fans reuniting with club legend and Egypt international Hosni Abd-Rabo, who recently returned from another ACL injury.
The friendly, which will help Mido determine his new players’ technical and physical level, ended 2-1 in Ismaily’s favour.
Ismaily fans return: