Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
VIDEO: Ismaily beat Al-Wehda 2-1 as Hosni Abdo-Rabo, fans return
The friendly was agreed between both clubs last week as Ismaily to prepare to meet Smouha in the 2015 Egypt Cup quarter-finals after eliminating Al-Ragaa.
The game was the second for Ismaily’s new coaching staff, led by newly-appointed manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, and witnessed the return of the Dervishes’ faithful.
Al-Wehda struck just five minutes after kick-off as defender Abdulaziz Al-Mansour scored his side’s only goal of the game after chaos in the penalty box.
The Yellow Dragons wasted multiple chances in the first half before Al Ahly and Zamalek target Amr El-Sulaya scored the night’s second goal.
Ahmed Samir Farag then added another through a thunderous shot before wasting a penalty.
During the second half, many youngsters were given a chance to showcase their skills and abilities. However, the game’s most significant highlight was the fans reuniting with club legend and Egypt international Hosni Abd-Rabo, who recently returned from another ACL injury.
The friendly, which will help Mido determine his new players’ technical and physical level, ended 2-1 in Ismaily’s favour.
Ismaily fans return: