The fixtures for the U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, which is set...
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
VIDEO: Kahraba sparkles as Egypt thrash Uganda to book berth at CAF U-23 Championship
Mahmoud Adel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored another brace as Hossam El-Badry’s Egypt saw off Uganda to book a berth at the CAF U-23 Championship in Senegal.
New Zamalek signing Mohamed Salem, who came off with an injury after scoring in the first leg a fortnight ago, returned to the starting eleven to partner Kahraba – who’s also on the verge of joining the Whites – in attack.
Uganda U-23 XI: Salim Jamal, Ibrahim Kiyemba, Brian Ochwo, Shafik Bakaki, Richard Kasagga, Deus Bukenya, Erisa Ssekisambu, Kizito Kezironi, Farouk Miya, Fahad Hassan Muhammed, Yunus Sentamu
Trailing 4-0 from the first leg, Uganda’s hope to overturn the tables were dashed in the 11th minute when the visitors took the lead with Kahraba’s strike.
The 2013 U-20 African Youth Championship joint-top scorer completed his brace in the second half, thanks to an assist from Trezeguet.
Farouk Miya pulled one back to reduce the deficit 10 minutes before full-time, but it was only a consolation as Egypt held on to their 6-1 aggregate win.
Egypt now joins Algeria who were first to qualify, Tunisia, Zambia and hosts Senegal at the U-23 Championship.
The tournament’s top three finishers will automatically qualify for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Brazil.
Egypt’s U-23 squad made the quarter-finals at London 2012 with ex-Egypt international Hany Ramzy at the helm, its first trip to the Olympics in 20 years.