Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Official: AEK reach agreement with Lierse over Karim Hafez
As exclusively revealed by KingFut.com earlier this week, Wadi Degla travelled to Athens on Thursday to negotiate the transfer of Karim Hafez, and an agreement was expected to be reached over the weekend.
The 19-year-old Egypt left-back will join the eleven-time Greek champions on loan for a season, with the option to extend the loan for two additional seasons, Lierse SK announced on their official website.
Karim Hafez made his debut for Lierse’s senior side last season and was one of the club’s star performers, scoring three goals in the Jupiler Pro League. He couldn’t save the club from relegation, but the Wadi Degla product’s form didn’t go unnoticed as he was called up to the national team by Egypt’s Argentine manager Héctor Cúper, and made his debut for the Pharaohs in June; coming off the bench in a 2-1 friendly win against Malawi.
Hafez will train with Lierse on Sunday before bidding his teammates farewell. He is then expected to travel to Greece on Monday to sign his contract with AEK before heading to Poland to link up with his new teammates at their training camp.
Karim told Greek newspaper Livesport prior to the transfer being officially announced: “I know about AEK’s interest. I believe that in the coming days I will be in Athens to sign.”
“It’s a great honour for me to play for such a prestigious club and I’m looking forward for this transfer to be finalised.
“As far as I know it’s true that Mr. Maged Samy was in Athens. I think everything will be resolved soon,” he added.
AEK Athens are to play friendlies against Sevilla and Inter Milan later on this month, where Karim is likely to make his debut.
After being ‘self-relegated’ to the amateur division in 2013 due to an incredible amount of debt, the club have managed to return to the top tier of Greek football following two successive promotions.