Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
VIDEO: El-Nenny’s FC Basel overcome Sion in Swiss Super League
Argentine midfielder Matías Delgado scored the first goal for FC Basel in the 27th minute of the game with a well-placed free-kick in the top corner. Sion’s keeper Andris Vanins could not have done anything about it.
FC Basel’s second goal of the match came from left-back Adama Traore. The Ivorian defender won the ball with a well-timed tackle before playing a one-two pass with Delgado. Traore struck the ball into the net in the 67th minute to score his first-ever goal in the Swiss Super League.
The third goal was scored in the dying minutes of the game. Sion’s defender, Leo Lacroix, put the ball into his own net in the 88th minute to give FC Basel a 3-0 lead.
FC Basel’s next game is on Wednesday, when they play Poznan in the second leg of the Champions League qualifiers.