Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
VIDEO: El-Nenny’s FC Basel overcome Sion in Swiss Super League
Argentine midfielder Matías Delgado scored the first goal for FC Basel in the 27th minute of the game with a well-placed free-kick in the top corner. Sion’s keeper Andris Vanins could not have done anything about it.
FC Basel’s second goal of the match came from left-back Adama Traore. The Ivorian defender won the ball with a well-timed tackle before playing a one-two pass with Delgado. Traore struck the ball into the net in the 67th minute to score his first-ever goal in the Swiss Super League.
The third goal was scored in the dying minutes of the game. Sion’s defender, Leo Lacroix, put the ball into his own net in the 88th minute to give FC Basel a 3-0 lead.
FC Basel’s next game is on Wednesday, when they play Poznan in the second leg of the Champions League qualifiers.