South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
VIDEO: El-Nenny’s FC Basel overcome Sion in Swiss Super League
Argentine midfielder Matías Delgado scored the first goal for FC Basel in the 27th minute of the game with a well-placed free-kick in the top corner. Sion’s keeper Andris Vanins could not have done anything about it.
FC Basel’s second goal of the match came from left-back Adama Traore. The Ivorian defender won the ball with a well-timed tackle before playing a one-two pass with Delgado. Traore struck the ball into the net in the 67th minute to score his first-ever goal in the Swiss Super League.
The third goal was scored in the dying minutes of the game. Sion’s defender, Leo Lacroix, put the ball into his own net in the 88th minute to give FC Basel a 3-0 lead.
FC Basel’s next game is on Wednesday, when they play Poznan in the second leg of the Champions League qualifiers.