Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
Mido to KingFut: El-Sulaya is going nowhere
Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ confirms to KingFut.com that Egypt midfielder Amr El-Sulaya is not for sale under any circumstances.
El-Sulaya was said to be on the verge of joining Cairo giants Al Ahly after club chairman Mohamed Abou El-Souod was reported to have said he already put pen-to-paper. However, former Egypt striker Mido, who was newly-appointed as manager of the Dervishes’, has rejected these claims.
“I’m fuming that one of Al Ahly’s board members has gone on TV and said that the player is in Al Ahly 100%,” Mido told KingFut.
“As I said before the player is going nowhere. We can not afford to let our best players go if we are serious about winning the title next season,” stated the former Ajax and Tottenham striker.
Al Ahly board member Abdel-Wahab claimed on Egyptian TV earlier that the player has completed his move to the red half of Cairo, in a move thought to be worth over seven million EGP.
Ismaily have since released an official statement on Monday night confirming that the player will not be moving to any domestic club.
The 26-year-old midfielder has been courted for a long time by both Cairo giants, and previously underwent a trial at Villarreal, but it was Zamalek that have showed longer interest in the Egypt international, following him for seasons.
It is worth noting that El-Sulaya is in the final year of his Ismaily contract and becomes a free agent next summer, hence he would be able to sign for any club for free next January.