Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Mido to KingFut: El-Sulaya is going nowhere
Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ confirms to KingFut.com that Egypt midfielder Amr El-Sulaya is not for sale under any circumstances.
El-Sulaya was said to be on the verge of joining Cairo giants Al Ahly after club chairman Mohamed Abou El-Souod was reported to have said he already put pen-to-paper. However, former Egypt striker Mido, who was newly-appointed as manager of the Dervishes’, has rejected these claims.
“I’m fuming that one of Al Ahly’s board members has gone on TV and said that the player is in Al Ahly 100%,” Mido told KingFut.
“As I said before the player is going nowhere. We can not afford to let our best players go if we are serious about winning the title next season,” stated the former Ajax and Tottenham striker.
Al Ahly board member Abdel-Wahab claimed on Egyptian TV earlier that the player has completed his move to the red half of Cairo, in a move thought to be worth over seven million EGP.
Ismaily have since released an official statement on Monday night confirming that the player will not be moving to any domestic club.
The 26-year-old midfielder has been courted for a long time by both Cairo giants, and previously underwent a trial at Villarreal, but it was Zamalek that have showed longer interest in the Egypt international, following him for seasons.
It is worth noting that El-Sulaya is in the final year of his Ismaily contract and becomes a free agent next summer, hence he would be able to sign for any club for free next January.