Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Mido to KingFut: El-Sulaya is going nowhere
El-Sulaya was said to be on the verge of joining Cairo giants Al Ahly after club chairman Mohamed Abou El-Souod was reported to have said he already put pen-to-paper. However, former Egypt striker Mido, who was newly-appointed as manager of the Dervishes’, has rejected these claims.
“I’m fuming that one of Al Ahly’s board members has gone on TV and said that the player is in Al Ahly 100%,” Mido told KingFut.
“As I said before the player is going nowhere. We can not afford to let our best players go if we are serious about winning the title next season,” stated the former Ajax and Tottenham striker.
Al Ahly board member Abdel-Wahab claimed on Egyptian TV earlier that the player has completed his move to the red half of Cairo, in a move thought to be worth over seven million EGP.
Ismaily have since released an official statement on Monday night confirming that the player will not be moving to any domestic club.
The 26-year-old midfielder has been courted for a long time by both Cairo giants, and previously underwent a trial at Villarreal, but it was Zamalek that have showed longer interest in the Egypt international, following him for seasons.
It is worth noting that El-Sulaya is in the final year of his Ismaily contract and becomes a free agent next summer, hence he would be able to sign for any club for free next January.