Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
HANDBALL: Egypt 4th in Junior World Championship
Egypt’s youth national team finished 4th after losing to Germany 35-34 in extra time in the Junior World Championship in Brazil.
The Pharaohs qualified to the semi-finals after beating Sweden 28-27. However, France knocked out Egypt in the following match.
The Egyptians then faced Germany for the bronze medal which was snatched by the Germans in extra time.
This is the third time Egypt’s youth national team achieves 4th place in the Junior World Championships after 2009 and 2011. Egypt failed to repeat the same accomplishment made in 1993 when they were crowned world champions.