Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
Ahly make Mohamed Hamdy capture official
The Red Devils confirmed the capture of the 23-year-old on a five-year deal. The transfer was carried earlier this summer, but the Cairo giants only announced it a couple days after their final match of the league season.
— Al Ahly – الأهلي (@AlAhly) August 5, 2015
The towering Alexandria native played out a prolific season, having found the net 13 times in 33 games, as well as creating five other goals for his side, finishing the season as the 5th top scorer of the Egyptian Premier League.
Hamdy, who managed to net three goals in eight games, played for the U-23 national team and made his international debut at the senior level in Egypt’s 2-1 friendly win over Malawi in June.
It is worth noting that the captain of the coastal city club arrives at Al Ahly as their fifth official signing of the summer and is the third forward the Red Castle have put under contract in order to bolster their attacking options.