Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Ahly make Mohamed Hamdy capture official
The Red Devils confirmed the capture of the 23-year-old on a five-year deal. The transfer was carried earlier this summer, but the Cairo giants only announced it a couple days after their final match of the league season.
— Al Ahly – الأهلي (@AlAhly) August 5, 2015
The towering Alexandria native played out a prolific season, having found the net 13 times in 33 games, as well as creating five other goals for his side, finishing the season as the 5th top scorer of the Egyptian Premier League.
Hamdy, who managed to net three goals in eight games, played for the U-23 national team and made his international debut at the senior level in Egypt’s 2-1 friendly win over Malawi in June.
It is worth noting that the captain of the coastal city club arrives at Al Ahly as their fifth official signing of the summer and is the third forward the Red Castle have put under contract in order to bolster their attacking options.