KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Ahly make Mohamed Hamdy capture official
The Red Devils confirmed the capture of the 23-year-old on a five-year deal. The transfer was carried earlier this summer, but the Cairo giants only announced it a couple days after their final match of the league season.
— Al Ahly – الأهلي (@AlAhly) August 5, 2015
The towering Alexandria native played out a prolific season, having found the net 13 times in 33 games, as well as creating five other goals for his side, finishing the season as the 5th top scorer of the Egyptian Premier League.
Hamdy, who managed to net three goals in eight games, played for the U-23 national team and made his international debut at the senior level in Egypt’s 2-1 friendly win over Malawi in June.
It is worth noting that the captain of the coastal city club arrives at Al Ahly as their fifth official signing of the summer and is the third forward the Red Castle have put under contract in order to bolster their attacking options.