Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Ahly make Mohamed Hamdy capture official
The Red Devils confirmed the capture of the 23-year-old on a five-year deal. The transfer was carried earlier this summer, but the Cairo giants only announced it a couple days after their final match of the league season.
— Al Ahly – الأهلي (@AlAhly) August 5, 2015
The towering Alexandria native played out a prolific season, having found the net 13 times in 33 games, as well as creating five other goals for his side, finishing the season as the 5th top scorer of the Egyptian Premier League.
Hamdy, who managed to net three goals in eight games, played for the U-23 national team and made his international debut at the senior level in Egypt’s 2-1 friendly win over Malawi in June.
It is worth noting that the captain of the coastal city club arrives at Al Ahly as their fifth official signing of the summer and is the third forward the Red Castle have put under contract in order to bolster their attacking options.