Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
El-Nenny’s FC Basel advance in Champions League qualifiers
Mohamed El-Nenny played 90 minutes for FC Basel as they defeated Polish opponents Lech Poznan 1-0, advancing in Champions League qualifiers on aggregate, 4-1.
The Swiss Super League defending champions defeated Lech Poznan 3-1 in the first leg of the qualifier last week in Poznan. Mohamed El-Nenny had a late cameo in that matchup, coming on in the 86th minute. However, the former Arab Contractors man started in his normal defensive midfield role for the second leg.
In a much more even affair, Basel and Lech played an eventless first half in which Lech were unable to record a single shot on target, while Basel only secured a single attempt on goal. The second half continued in the same manner as the first, with Lech finally recording their sole shot on target. Basel got their winner in the 90th minute, as Birkir Bjarnason found the net after an assist by Davide Callà.
FC Basel’s opponents for the playoff stage of the UEFA Champions League will be announced at the draw being held on August 7. The two legs for will be played on August 18/19 and August 25/26, with the winners advancing to the group stage of the competition.