Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Official: Zamalek sign Ahmed Hamoudi on loan from Basel
Hamoudi, 25, returns to Egypt after just one year in Switzerland, where he won the Swiss Super League with FC Basel and helped the club reach the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League.
The Egypt international joined Basel from Smouha on a four-year deal last summer, for a fee believed to be in the region of €800,000 (approximately 7.65 million EGP at the time).
The attacking midfielder struggled to break into Paulo Sousa’s side during his debut season, making just 20 appearances with the Swiss champions – majority of which were short cameos – scoring two goals.
Zamalek took to Twitter to announce the deal, which is believed to cost the Whites $150,000 for the loan with an option to buy for $750,000 (a combined total of approximately 7 million EGP). Basel later confirmed the loan until the end of the 2015/16 season.
Hamoudi managed to score 14 goals and assist 5 times in 24 games for Smouha during the 2013/14 season, where he helped the Alexandrian side qualify to the CAF Champions League for the first time in the club’s history.
There will be stern competition in Zamalek’s attacking midfield trio next season with the club also recently announcing the signing of Mahmoud Kahraba from ENPPI, while the club already boast the likes of Ayman Hefny, Mostafa Fathy and Mohamed Ibrahim.