Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Official: Zamalek sign Ahmed Hamoudi on loan from Basel
Hamoudi, 25, returns to Egypt after just one year in Switzerland, where he won the Swiss Super League with FC Basel and helped the club reach the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League.
The Egypt international joined Basel from Smouha on a four-year deal last summer, for a fee believed to be in the region of €800,000 (approximately 7.65 million EGP at the time).
The attacking midfielder struggled to break into Paulo Sousa’s side during his debut season, making just 20 appearances with the Swiss champions – majority of which were short cameos – scoring two goals.
Zamalek took to Twitter to announce the deal, which is believed to cost the Whites $150,000 for the loan with an option to buy for $750,000 (a combined total of approximately 7 million EGP). Basel later confirmed the loan until the end of the 2015/16 season.
Hamoudi managed to score 14 goals and assist 5 times in 24 games for Smouha during the 2013/14 season, where he helped the Alexandrian side qualify to the CAF Champions League for the first time in the club’s history.
There will be stern competition in Zamalek’s attacking midfield trio next season with the club also recently announcing the signing of Mahmoud Kahraba from ENPPI, while the club already boast the likes of Ayman Hefny, Mostafa Fathy and Mohamed Ibrahim.