AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Official: Zamalek sign Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek from Smouha
Both club chairmen, Mortada Mansour and Farag Amer, previously said that a deal was in the works for the player’s transfer to the White Castle.
The 29-year-old midfielder also previously announced that he will be moving to the White Castle. The player’s signing means that Ahmed Hamoudi, Tarek Hamed and Ibrahim will play once again side-by-side having done the same during the 2013/14 season at Smouha. Hamoudi joined Zamalek from Swiss champions FC Basel earlier today.
Abdel-Khalek will have to compete with Ibrahim Salah, Ahmed Tawfik and Tarek Hamed for a starting spot in Zamalek’s star-studded XI.
Ibrahim has been an integral part of Smouha’s recent historic achievements, such as finishing second behind Al Ahly during the 2013/14 season, reaching the group stage of the CAF Champions League and reaching Egypt’s Cup final.
رسمياً: الزمالك يضُم اللاعب إبراهيم عبد الخالق لاعب نادي سموحة لمدة ثلاث أعوام. pic.twitter.com/JXi2uMIFcz
Ibrahim is Zamalek’s eight signing of the summer transfer window, following the arrivals of Arab Contractors duo Mohamed Salem and Sherif Alaa, Haras El-Hodood’s striker Ahmed Hassan Mekki, ENPPI and Egyptian international youngster Mahmoud Adel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’, Basel’s Ahmed Hamoudi, their ex-star Mohamed Ibrahim and Al Masry’s left back Mohamed Adel Gomaa.