Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Ahly legend Gomaa leaves director of football post
Long serving Ahly defender Wael Gomaa has stepped down as director of football at Al Ahly, after apparent trouble within the club.
Gomaa, 40, was oddly left out of the delegation set to travel to Tunisia for Al Ahly’s CAF Confederation Cup match against Etoile du Sahel.
Reports also emerged that the ex-center back left training early on Wednesday, after sharing a handshake with Al Ahly interim manager Fathy Mabrouk.
Gomaa had earlier blasted Ahly squad members Hossam Ghaly and Abdullah El-Said, after the duo’s reported misconduct cost them spots in the squad for the upcoming match in Tunisia. Ghaly followed his omission up with a request to leave the club.
Alaa Abdel-Sadek will take over the departing Gomaa’s duties during the Etoile trip.