Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
Ahly legend Gomaa leaves director of football post
Long serving Ahly defender Wael Gomaa has stepped down as director of football at Al Ahly, after apparent trouble within the club.
Gomaa, 40, was oddly left out of the delegation set to travel to Tunisia for Al Ahly’s CAF Confederation Cup match against Etoile du Sahel.
Reports also emerged that the ex-center back left training early on Wednesday, after sharing a handshake with Al Ahly interim manager Fathy Mabrouk.
Gomaa had earlier blasted Ahly squad members Hossam Ghaly and Abdullah El-Said, after the duo’s reported misconduct cost them spots in the squad for the upcoming match in Tunisia. Ghaly followed his omission up with a request to leave the club.
Alaa Abdel-Sadek will take over the departing Gomaa’s duties during the Etoile trip.