Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Ahly legend Gomaa leaves director of football post
Long serving Ahly defender Wael Gomaa has stepped down as director of football at Al Ahly, after apparent trouble within the club.
Gomaa, 40, was oddly left out of the delegation set to travel to Tunisia for Al Ahly’s CAF Confederation Cup match against Etoile du Sahel.
Reports also emerged that the ex-center back left training early on Wednesday, after sharing a handshake with Al Ahly interim manager Fathy Mabrouk.
Gomaa had earlier blasted Ahly squad members Hossam Ghaly and Abdullah El-Said, after the duo’s reported misconduct cost them spots in the squad for the upcoming match in Tunisia. Ghaly followed his omission up with a request to leave the club.
Alaa Abdel-Sadek will take over the departing Gomaa’s duties during the Etoile trip.