Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Egypt to play South Korea in October friendly
The Egypt national team are set to play a friendly against South Korea in October after their meeting with Chad in 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying.
Egypt will not play friendlies before the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Chad, between the 4th and 6th of September 2015, the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) announced on their official website.
Egypt are competing in Group G against Chad, Nigeria and Tanzania for qualification to the 2017 AFCON. The Pharaohs are currently first in the group after beating Tanzania 3-0 on the opening matchday, while Nigeria follow in second after winning 2-0 at home against Chad.
The Pharaohs will next be playing away to Chad, while Tanzania and Nigeria will face off on Tanzanian soil.
Of the 52 teams that will take part in the AFCON qualifiers, only 16 will qualify for Gabon 2017. The hosts gain qualification automatically and the rest of the teams are split into 12 groups of fours and one group containing 3 teams.
The teams qualifying will be the leaders of each of the 13 groups and the two best seconds from the 12 groups that contain 4 teams. The tie breakers for the best seconds are goal difference followed by goals for.
South Korea friendly
According to Al Ahram Arabic, Egypt’s next game will be a friendly against South Korea on the 13th of October, before the Pharaohs face the winner between Chad and Sierra Leone in 2018 World Cup qualifying.
The winner of Chad and Sierra Leone will face the Egyptian national team over two legs between the 9th and 17th of November, through which the victors will qualify to the third round of qualifications.