South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
Egypt to play South Korea in October friendly
Egypt will not play friendlies before the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Chad, between the 4th and 6th of September 2015, the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) announced on their official website.
Egypt are competing in Group G against Chad, Nigeria and Tanzania for qualification to the 2017 AFCON. The Pharaohs are currently first in the group after beating Tanzania 3-0 on the opening matchday, while Nigeria follow in second after winning 2-0 at home against Chad.
The Pharaohs will next be playing away to Chad, while Tanzania and Nigeria will face off on Tanzanian soil.
Of the 52 teams that will take part in the AFCON qualifiers, only 16 will qualify for Gabon 2017. The hosts gain qualification automatically and the rest of the teams are split into 12 groups of fours and one group containing 3 teams.
The teams qualifying will be the leaders of each of the 13 groups and the two best seconds from the 12 groups that contain 4 teams. The tie breakers for the best seconds are goal difference followed by goals for.
South Korea friendly
According to Al Ahram Arabic, Egypt’s next game will be a friendly against South Korea on the 13th of October, before the Pharaohs face the winner between Chad and Sierra Leone in 2018 World Cup qualifying.
The winner of Chad and Sierra Leone will face the Egyptian national team over two legs between the 9th and 17th of November, through which the victors will qualify to the third round of qualifications.