Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
OFFICIAL: Trezeguet completes Anderlecht move from Al Ahly
Anderlecht’s interest in the Al Ahly youngster began in June, with Trezeguet himself confirming a bid was submitted to the Red Devils. The two clubs have been in constant contact, but Al Ahly were reluctant to let their playmaker leave during league play.
Due to the recent captures of Saleh Gomaa, Mohamed Hamdy Zaki, and Ahmed El-Sheikh, Al Ahly expressed their willingness to allow the 20-year-old to go out on loan. Al Ahly’s director of football Alaa Abdel-Sadek said, “The next few days could see an end to Trezeguet’s situation. The new arrivals could fuel his departure.”
The situation has finally commenced, with the two teams coming to an agreement, his agent Yahia Aly tells KingFut.com.
Trezeguet will move to Anderlecht on a one year loan, with an option to buy. The fee for the loan is reported to be around €1 million, while the permanent transfer fee is reportedly in the region of an additional €2.5 million. Shortly after, the club announced the transfer on their Twitter account.
— RSC Anderlecht (@rscanderlecht) August 6, 2015
Anderlecht director: “Trezeguet is a talented player”
Moreover, Anderlecht general director Herman Van Holsbeeck said the signing of the young Egypt midfielder is a solid reinforcement for their team
“Trezeguet is a talented player that will strengthen the team,” Van Holsbeeck told Anderlecht’s official website.
“He is a young international player and we will give him enough time to adapt to our league and the Belgian culture,” he concluded.
Mahmoud Hassan, who has 5 league goals and 7 assists this season, is considered one of Al Ahly’s most dynamic players. He was raised as a striker, which helped to shape up his attacking instincts as a midfielder; developing his surging runs going forward, fueled with energy and great ball control.
Trezeguet becomes the third Egyptian to ever join Anderlecht after Tarek El-Said in 2001 and Ahmed Hassan in 2006.
Ahmed Hassan spent two years at Anderlecht and maintains a good relationship with the 33-time Belgian champions. The Egyptian legend had recently revealed the club’s director even sought out his opinion on Trezeguet.