Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Wadi Degla: ‘Lille, Portuguese & Greek clubs’ still interested in Karim Hafez as AEK deal collapses
After initially agreeing to send the player on a season-long loan, Wadi Degla, who are also in charge of Belgian club Lierse SK, have announced some of the details behind the collapse of their deal with Greek club AEK over 19-year-old left-back, Karim Hafez.
Lierse had verbally agreed with 11-time Greek champions AEK to send Karim on a season-long loan, with an option for an additional two-year extension, but despite passing his medical in Athens, the move collapsed due to a couple disagreements between the two clubs, which was revealed exclusively by KingFut.com.
Wadi Degla had mentioned on their official website that the move had collapsed due to a conflict in the contract terms, which ended the agreement between the two clubs, and the Greek club then offered the player a permanent move, which was totally rejected.
On the other hand, the player expressed great disappointment for losing such an opportunity, but also revealed that he is looking forward to other offers to seal a move in Europe, as he’s eyeing a switch away from relegated Lierse and is not considering going back to his home country, Egypt. Karim also stated that he trusts the board’s decision, and he thinks he will seal a move before the window shuts.
Currently, the board are considering several ‘offers’, including one from French club Lille, who have recently shown interest in the player and faced competition from AEK to sign the player. Although, the club have announced there is other interest from a Portuguese club and two other Greek clubs. The club will study the inquiries in order to satisfy both the player’s and the club’s needs.