Egypt clinched the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship title after beating...
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
UEFA Champions League draw: Basel to Israel, Sporting draw CSKA Moscow
The draw, which was held on August 7, saw Egyptian international and Basel midfielder Mohamed El-Nenny draw Maccabi Tel Aviv for the second time in two years.
The Swiss club won the Europa League tie in 2013/2014 with an aggregate score of 3-0, whilst also defeating them earlier that season by an aggregate score of 4-3 in the third qualifying round; with current Roma man Mohamed Salah scoring a goal in the second leg in Israel.
On the other hand Rami Rabia and Shikabala‘s Sporting Lisbon are set to play Russian giants CSKA Moscow, two teams who were present in the group stages of the competition last season – the latter coming really close to advancing from the ‘group of death’ which contained Bayern Munich, Manchester City, and Roma.
Basel will host the first leg against Maccabi Tel Aviv on August 19, while the away leg will be played on August 25.
On the other hand, Sporting Lisbon will host CSKA Moscow to play the first-leg on August 18, and will pay a visit to CSKA Moscow to play the second-leg on 26 August.