Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
UEFA Champions League draw: Basel to Israel, Sporting draw CSKA Moscow
The draw, which was held on August 7, saw Egyptian international and Basel midfielder Mohamed El-Nenny draw Maccabi Tel Aviv for the second time in two years.
The Swiss club won the Europa League tie in 2013/2014 with an aggregate score of 3-0, whilst also defeating them earlier that season by an aggregate score of 4-3 in the third qualifying round; with current Roma man Mohamed Salah scoring a goal in the second leg in Israel.
On the other hand Rami Rabia and Shikabala‘s Sporting Lisbon are set to play Russian giants CSKA Moscow, two teams who were present in the group stages of the competition last season – the latter coming really close to advancing from the ‘group of death’ which contained Bayern Munich, Manchester City, and Roma.
Basel will host the first leg against Maccabi Tel Aviv on August 19, while the away leg will be played on August 25.
On the other hand, Sporting Lisbon will host CSKA Moscow to play the first-leg on August 18, and will pay a visit to CSKA Moscow to play the second-leg on 26 August.