Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
UEFA Champions League draw: Basel to Israel, Sporting draw CSKA Moscow
The draw, which was held on August 7, saw Egyptian international and Basel midfielder Mohamed El-Nenny draw Maccabi Tel Aviv for the second time in two years.
The Swiss club won the Europa League tie in 2013/2014 with an aggregate score of 3-0, whilst also defeating them earlier that season by an aggregate score of 4-3 in the third qualifying round; with current Roma man Mohamed Salah scoring a goal in the second leg in Israel.
On the other hand Rami Rabia and Shikabala‘s Sporting Lisbon are set to play Russian giants CSKA Moscow, two teams who were present in the group stages of the competition last season – the latter coming really close to advancing from the ‘group of death’ which contained Bayern Munich, Manchester City, and Roma.
Basel will host the first leg against Maccabi Tel Aviv on August 19, while the away leg will be played on August 25.
On the other hand, Sporting Lisbon will host CSKA Moscow to play the first-leg on August 18, and will pay a visit to CSKA Moscow to play the second-leg on 26 August.