Egypt internationals Ali Zein and Mohamed Mamdouh’s French club Pays d’Aix Université have qualified...
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
Egypt move up three places in August FIFA Rankings
Egypt climbed up three places in the August edition of the monthly FIFA Rankings and now occupy the 52nd position worldwide. This sees the Pharaohs ranked 9th in Africa, occupying the same spot in Africa as they were in July.
Algeria remain on top of Africa with an overall ranking of 19th, followed by Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana who occupy the 21st and 27th spots in the overall ranking respectively.
Argentina retained its stronghold upon the pinnacle of world football, followed by Belgium and Germany.
The biggest leap of the month belongs to Jamaica, who climbed 21 places to 55th.
The biggest fall of the month belongs to Serbia, who dropped 23 places to 66th.
CAF World Rankings:
- 19 – Algeria
- 21 – Cote d’Ivoire
- 27 – Ghana
- 34 – Tunisia
- 39 – Senegal
- 42 – Cameroon
- 43 – Congo
- 50 – Cape Verde
- 52 – Egypt
- 53 – Nigeria