South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
Egypt move up three places in August FIFA Rankings
Egypt climbed up three places in the August edition of the monthly FIFA Rankings and now occupy the 52nd position worldwide. This sees the Pharaohs ranked 9th in Africa, occupying the same spot in Africa as they were in July.
Algeria remain on top of Africa with an overall ranking of 19th, followed by Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana who occupy the 21st and 27th spots in the overall ranking respectively.
Argentina retained its stronghold upon the pinnacle of world football, followed by Belgium and Germany.
The biggest leap of the month belongs to Jamaica, who climbed 21 places to 55th.
The biggest fall of the month belongs to Serbia, who dropped 23 places to 66th.
CAF World Rankings:
- 19 – Algeria
- 21 – Cote d’Ivoire
- 27 – Ghana
- 34 – Tunisia
- 39 – Senegal
- 42 – Cameroon
- 43 – Congo
- 50 – Cape Verde
- 52 – Egypt
- 53 – Nigeria