Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Egypt move up three places in August FIFA Rankings
Egypt climbed up three places in the August edition of the monthly FIFA Rankings and now occupy the 52nd position worldwide. This sees the Pharaohs ranked 9th in Africa, occupying the same spot in Africa as they were in July.
Algeria remain on top of Africa with an overall ranking of 19th, followed by Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana who occupy the 21st and 27th spots in the overall ranking respectively.
Argentina retained its stronghold upon the pinnacle of world football, followed by Belgium and Germany.
The biggest leap of the month belongs to Jamaica, who climbed 21 places to 55th.
The biggest fall of the month belongs to Serbia, who dropped 23 places to 66th.
CAF World Rankings:
- 19 – Algeria
- 21 – Cote d’Ivoire
- 27 – Ghana
- 34 – Tunisia
- 39 – Senegal
- 42 – Cameroon
- 43 – Congo
- 50 – Cape Verde
- 52 – Egypt
- 53 – Nigeria