AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Egypt move up three places in August FIFA Rankings
Egypt climbed up three places in the August edition of the monthly FIFA Rankings and now occupy the 52nd position worldwide. This sees the Pharaohs ranked 9th in Africa, occupying the same spot in Africa as they were in July.
Algeria remain on top of Africa with an overall ranking of 19th, followed by Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana who occupy the 21st and 27th spots in the overall ranking respectively.
Argentina retained its stronghold upon the pinnacle of world football, followed by Belgium and Germany.
The biggest leap of the month belongs to Jamaica, who climbed 21 places to 55th.
The biggest fall of the month belongs to Serbia, who dropped 23 places to 66th.
CAF World Rankings:
- 19 – Algeria
- 21 – Cote d’Ivoire
- 27 – Ghana
- 34 – Tunisia
- 39 – Senegal
- 42 – Cameroon
- 43 – Congo
- 50 – Cape Verde
- 52 – Egypt
- 53 – Nigeria