Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Egypt move up three places in August FIFA Rankings
Egypt climbed up three places in the August edition of the monthly FIFA Rankings and now occupy the 52nd position worldwide. This sees the Pharaohs ranked 9th in Africa, occupying the same spot in Africa as they were in July.
Algeria remain on top of Africa with an overall ranking of 19th, followed by Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana who occupy the 21st and 27th spots in the overall ranking respectively.
Argentina retained its stronghold upon the pinnacle of world football, followed by Belgium and Germany.
The biggest leap of the month belongs to Jamaica, who climbed 21 places to 55th.
The biggest fall of the month belongs to Serbia, who dropped 23 places to 66th.
CAF World Rankings:
- 19 – Algeria
- 21 – Cote d’Ivoire
- 27 – Ghana
- 34 – Tunisia
- 39 – Senegal
- 42 – Cameroon
- 43 – Congo
- 50 – Cape Verde
- 52 – Egypt
- 53 – Nigeria