Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
OFFICIAL: Ismaily midfielder Amr El-Sulaya joins UAE’s Al Shaab
Ismaily midfielder Amr El-Sulaya has officially joined Al Shaab of the UAE, after being linked with a move to Cairo giants Al Ahly.
The Egyptian international joined Al Shaab after his move to Al Ahly was halted as Ismaily board announced in an official statement on Monday that the player will not be moving to any domestic club.
Ismaily will receive a transfer fee of $900,000 (approximately 7 million EGP) while El-Sulaya will earn $300,000 (approx. 2.3 m EGP), according to Ismaily spokesman Alaa Wahid.
The Dervishes also declared on their official website that the deal with the UAE side contained a clause that prevents the player from moving to any other club before the end of the season.
The 26-year-old midfielder completed his move to the UAE side despite Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ saying to KingFut.com on Monday that the Egyptian midfielder is not for sale under any circumstances.
“As I said before the player is going nowhere. We can not afford to let our best players go if we are serious about winning the title next season,” stated the former Ajax and Tottenham striker.
Ismaily, however, agreed to sell El-Sulaya to Al Shaab after the player refused to renew his contract with the Yellow Dragons. The Egyptian international was in the final year of his Ismaily contract and would have become a free agent next summer, hence he would have been able to sign for any club for free next January.
El-Sulaya will play at Al Shaab under the leadership of former Enppi manager Tarek El-Ashry, who joined the club on a one-year deal starting this season.