Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
OFFICIAL: Ismaily midfielder Amr El-Sulaya joins UAE’s Al Shaab
Ismaily midfielder Amr El-Sulaya has officially joined Al Shaab of the UAE, after being linked with a move to Cairo giants Al Ahly.
The Egyptian international joined Al Shaab after his move to Al Ahly was halted as Ismaily board announced in an official statement on Monday that the player will not be moving to any domestic club.
Ismaily will receive a transfer fee of $900,000 (approximately 7 million EGP) while El-Sulaya will earn $300,000 (approx. 2.3 m EGP), according to Ismaily spokesman Alaa Wahid.
The Dervishes also declared on their official website that the deal with the UAE side contained a clause that prevents the player from moving to any other club before the end of the season.
The 26-year-old midfielder completed his move to the UAE side despite Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ saying to KingFut.com on Monday that the Egyptian midfielder is not for sale under any circumstances.
“As I said before the player is going nowhere. We can not afford to let our best players go if we are serious about winning the title next season,” stated the former Ajax and Tottenham striker.
Ismaily, however, agreed to sell El-Sulaya to Al Shaab after the player refused to renew his contract with the Yellow Dragons. The Egyptian international was in the final year of his Ismaily contract and would have become a free agent next summer, hence he would have been able to sign for any club for free next January.
El-Sulaya will play at Al Shaab under the leadership of former Enppi manager Tarek El-Ashry, who joined the club on a one-year deal starting this season.