Entag El-Harby put an end to Al Ahly’s seven-match winning streak after...
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
Orlando Pirates record 2-0 home victory over CS Sfaxien
The South African outfit took the lead late on in the second half through Rakhale, before Menzi doubled the scoreline eight minutes after the restart.
Orlando Pirates XI: Mhlongo; Sangweni, Jele, Nyauza, Phungwayo; Sarr, Manyisa, Rakhale, Myeni; Masuku, Erasmus.
CS Sfaxien XI: Jeridi; Saidani, Maaloul, Derbali, Bendjemia, Hadia, Meriah, Hannachi, Mohamed Ali Moncer, Hkimi, Mezlini.
The Bucs started off the game in terrific fashion, as Jomo’s stinging strike was deflected out for a corner.
Rakhale was next to threaten the Sfax-based side’s goal as his cross from the right was arduously cleared away by Jeridi.
Jeridi was called into action minutes later, as he was forced into clearing away a Myeni strike.
With 37 minutes on the clock, CSS’s solidarity was broken as Rakhale broke the deadlock when his fantastic strike found the top corner.
CSS were awarded a free-kick at the start of the second half, but Mhlongo denied Maaloul.
The Tunisian giants were punished, as Menzi made it 2-0, slotting it past Jeridi.
Duarte’s men were looking helpless at that point, as Myeni squared the ball to Menzi whose shot went over the bar.
The Sfax outfit were looking to get back into the game at all costs with 70 minutes on the clock, Maaloul playing in a free-kick that was handled by Jeridi.
With 10 minutes remaining, CSS had the chance to score a consolation, but Mhlongo saved Moncer’s attempt.
In the other game in the group Zamalek take on AC Leopards de Dolisie.