Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Orlando Pirates record 2-0 home victory over CS Sfaxien
The South African outfit took the lead late on in the second half through Rakhale, before Menzi doubled the scoreline eight minutes after the restart.
Orlando Pirates XI: Mhlongo; Sangweni, Jele, Nyauza, Phungwayo; Sarr, Manyisa, Rakhale, Myeni; Masuku, Erasmus.
CS Sfaxien XI: Jeridi; Saidani, Maaloul, Derbali, Bendjemia, Hadia, Meriah, Hannachi, Mohamed Ali Moncer, Hkimi, Mezlini.
The Bucs started off the game in terrific fashion, as Jomo’s stinging strike was deflected out for a corner.
Rakhale was next to threaten the Sfax-based side’s goal as his cross from the right was arduously cleared away by Jeridi.
Jeridi was called into action minutes later, as he was forced into clearing away a Myeni strike.
With 37 minutes on the clock, CSS’s solidarity was broken as Rakhale broke the deadlock when his fantastic strike found the top corner.
CSS were awarded a free-kick at the start of the second half, but Mhlongo denied Maaloul.
The Tunisian giants were punished, as Menzi made it 2-0, slotting it past Jeridi.
Duarte’s men were looking helpless at that point, as Myeni squared the ball to Menzi whose shot went over the bar.
The Sfax outfit were looking to get back into the game at all costs with 70 minutes on the clock, Maaloul playing in a free-kick that was handled by Jeridi.
With 10 minutes remaining, CSS had the chance to score a consolation, but Mhlongo saved Moncer’s attempt.
In the other game in the group Zamalek take on AC Leopards de Dolisie.