Egypt’s Amr Warda has been voted as PAOK’s best player as he...
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
Sam Morsy scores in Chesterfield’s league opener against Barnsley
The Egypt-eligible player captained his newly-promoted side from the central midfield position on the opening day of the season.
Chesterfield started slowly and Barnsley took advantage with an early goal in the 4th minute from striker Conor Wilkinson.
It took until the second half for the Spireites to pull one back and in the 49th minute, Jay O’Shea did exactly that.
New signing Slyvian Ebanks-Blake gave Chesterfield the lead in the 72nd minute.
Just one minute later in the 73rd Chesterfield’s 23-year-old captain scored his second in two games.
Championship side MK Dons made two bids for the Egyptian but have been unsuccessful in snapping up the talented midfielder.
Chesterfield are hoping for promotion this season after reaching the playoffs in their first season in League One.