Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Sam Morsy scores in Chesterfield’s league opener against Barnsley
The Egypt-eligible player captained his newly-promoted side from the central midfield position on the opening day of the season.
Chesterfield started slowly and Barnsley took advantage with an early goal in the 4th minute from striker Conor Wilkinson.
It took until the second half for the Spireites to pull one back and in the 49th minute, Jay O’Shea did exactly that.
New signing Slyvian Ebanks-Blake gave Chesterfield the lead in the 72nd minute.
Just one minute later in the 73rd Chesterfield’s 23-year-old captain scored his second in two games.
Championship side MK Dons made two bids for the Egyptian but have been unsuccessful in snapping up the talented midfielder.
Chesterfield are hoping for promotion this season after reaching the playoffs in their first season in League One.