Smouha left back Patrick Malo has discussed his adaptation to life with the...
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
Sam Morsy scores in Chesterfield’s league opener against Barnsley
The Egypt-eligible player captained his newly-promoted side from the central midfield position on the opening day of the season.
Chesterfield started slowly and Barnsley took advantage with an early goal in the 4th minute from striker Conor Wilkinson.
It took until the second half for the Spireites to pull one back and in the 49th minute, Jay O’Shea did exactly that.
New signing Slyvian Ebanks-Blake gave Chesterfield the lead in the 72nd minute.
Just one minute later in the 73rd Chesterfield’s 23-year-old captain scored his second in two games.
Championship side MK Dons made two bids for the Egyptian but have been unsuccessful in snapping up the talented midfielder.
Chesterfield are hoping for promotion this season after reaching the playoffs in their first season in League One.