Zamalek left-back Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh has officially signed a five-year contract extension with...
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
Sam Morsy scores in Chesterfield’s league opener against Barnsley
The Egypt-eligible player captained his newly-promoted side from the central midfield position on the opening day of the season.
Chesterfield started slowly and Barnsley took advantage with an early goal in the 4th minute from striker Conor Wilkinson.
It took until the second half for the Spireites to pull one back and in the 49th minute, Jay O’Shea did exactly that.
New signing Slyvian Ebanks-Blake gave Chesterfield the lead in the 72nd minute.
Just one minute later in the 73rd Chesterfield’s 23-year-old captain scored his second in two games.
Championship side MK Dons made two bids for the Egyptian but have been unsuccessful in snapping up the talented midfielder.
Chesterfield are hoping for promotion this season after reaching the playoffs in their first season in League One.