Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Sam Morsy scores in Chesterfield’s league opener against Barnsley
The Egypt-eligible player captained his newly-promoted side from the central midfield position on the opening day of the season.
Chesterfield started slowly and Barnsley took advantage with an early goal in the 4th minute from striker Conor Wilkinson.
It took until the second half for the Spireites to pull one back and in the 49th minute, Jay O’Shea did exactly that.
New signing Slyvian Ebanks-Blake gave Chesterfield the lead in the 72nd minute.
Just one minute later in the 73rd Chesterfield’s 23-year-old captain scored his second in two games.
Championship side MK Dons made two bids for the Egyptian but have been unsuccessful in snapping up the talented midfielder.
Chesterfield are hoping for promotion this season after reaching the playoffs in their first season in League One.