The Ahly handball team beat their Zamalek counterparts, without legend Ahmed El...
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
Al-Merrikh down Sétif in Group B with two matches to go
Sudan Premier League leaders Al-Merrikh scored once in each half on their way to clinching the three points against 10-man ES Sétif.
The hosts won a penalty in the 41st minute for a foul inside the penalty area; Alaeldin Yousif Hado converted the spot-kick to give his side the lead.
As if conceding wasn’t enough, the visitors went into the half-time break a man down, after a rash Kenniche was sent off as tempers flared.
The momentum did not shift in the second interval, as the hosts pressed hard for a second goal to kill off the opposition.
Merrikh were awarded yet another penalty in the 73rd minute, as things threated to fall apart completely for the African champions, but the Algerians breathed a sigh of relief as Hado failed to make it two from two penalties; his poor penalty flew high over the bar.
Nevertheless, Merrikh would find the back of Sétif ‘keeper Khedairia for a second time in the 92nd minute, through substitute Augustine Okrah.
This was Sétif’s first away loss on the continental stage since their semi-final leg against Mazembe in 2014.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) August 9, 2015