The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Elmohamady helps Hull City down Huddersfield on return to the Championship
Debutants Sam Clucas and Chuba Akpom both scored to help the Tigers secure all three points on their season opener against Huddersfield Town.
There was a minute’s applause ahead of kick-off to honour late Egyptian actor Omar Sharif, who was known to support Hull City, and former goalkeeper Ian McKechnie.
On his return to the Championship, Ahmed Elmohamady retained his spot in Hull City’s starting eleven. The Egypt international has not missed a league game with the Tigers since January 2013, a run spanning 86 consecutive fixtures.
Elmohamady was heavily involved in the first goal as his deep cross fell to left-winger Clucas, whose initial volley was saved by the Huddersfield goalkeeper before he followed up with the rebound.
The second goal had a Nigerian flavour as substitute Sone Aluko’s cross from the right found Arsenal loanee and Super Eagles eligible striker Akpom, who smashed the ball into the top corner from ten yards to seal the three points.
Hull City were relegated from the Premier League at the end of the 2014/2015 season, but it remains to be seen if the Egyptian will remain at the club come the end of the summer transfer window. However, KingFut understands that Hull are yet to receive any official bids for ‘Elmo’.