Pitso is careful against overloading his players with too much information and...
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
Elmohamady helps Hull City down Huddersfield on return to the Championship
Debutants Sam Clucas and Chuba Akpom both scored to help the Tigers secure all three points on their season opener against Huddersfield Town.
There was a minute’s applause ahead of kick-off to honour late Egyptian actor Omar Sharif, who was known to support Hull City, and former goalkeeper Ian McKechnie.
On his return to the Championship, Ahmed Elmohamady retained his spot in Hull City’s starting eleven. The Egypt international has not missed a league game with the Tigers since January 2013, a run spanning 86 consecutive fixtures.
Elmohamady was heavily involved in the first goal as his deep cross fell to left-winger Clucas, whose initial volley was saved by the Huddersfield goalkeeper before he followed up with the rebound.
The second goal had a Nigerian flavour as substitute Sone Aluko’s cross from the right found Arsenal loanee and Super Eagles eligible striker Akpom, who smashed the ball into the top corner from ten yards to seal the three points.
Hull City were relegated from the Premier League at the end of the 2014/2015 season, but it remains to be seen if the Egyptian will remain at the club come the end of the summer transfer window. However, KingFut understands that Hull are yet to receive any official bids for ‘Elmo’.