The Bureau of the FIFA Council managed to agree on a proposed...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Elmohamady helps Hull City down Huddersfield on return to the Championship
Debutants Sam Clucas and Chuba Akpom both scored to help the Tigers secure all three points on their season opener against Huddersfield Town.
There was a minute’s applause ahead of kick-off to honour late Egyptian actor Omar Sharif, who was known to support Hull City, and former goalkeeper Ian McKechnie.
On his return to the Championship, Ahmed Elmohamady retained his spot in Hull City’s starting eleven. The Egypt international has not missed a league game with the Tigers since January 2013, a run spanning 86 consecutive fixtures.
Elmohamady was heavily involved in the first goal as his deep cross fell to left-winger Clucas, whose initial volley was saved by the Huddersfield goalkeeper before he followed up with the rebound.
The second goal had a Nigerian flavour as substitute Sone Aluko’s cross from the right found Arsenal loanee and Super Eagles eligible striker Akpom, who smashed the ball into the top corner from ten yards to seal the three points.
Hull City were relegated from the Premier League at the end of the 2014/2015 season, but it remains to be seen if the Egyptian will remain at the club come the end of the summer transfer window. However, KingFut understands that Hull are yet to receive any official bids for ‘Elmo’.