Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
Basketball: Egypt wins U16 African Basketball Championship
Egypt U16 basketball team won the FIBA Africa U16 Championship after beating Mali in the final match on Saturday.
The game ended excitingly 64/63 for the Egyptians in Mali’s capital Bamako.
As everyone was expecting an overtime, Mohamed Youssef took advantage of the foul given 5 seconds before the game ended, snatching the championship from hosts by one point.
Egyptians won a total of seven games and lost one match to Mali in the preliminary rounds.
This is the 4th edition for the FIBA Africa Under-16 Championship and The Pharaohs already won three titles. Both Egypt and Mali secured a place in the 2016 FIBA U17 World Championship in Spain by reaching the final round.
Ahmed Khalaf, the team’s top scorer with 16 points and 16 rebounds in the game, will join the All-Tournament team as he was named MVP of the tournament.