Egypt manager Hector Cuper believes that the Pharaohs didn’t play badly in...
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
Basketball: Egypt wins U16 African Basketball Championship
The game ended excitingly 64/63 for the Egyptians in Mali’s capital Bamako.
As everyone was expecting an overtime, Mohamed Youssef took advantage of the foul given 5 seconds before the game ended, snatching the championship from hosts by one point.
Egyptians won a total of seven games and lost one match to Mali in the preliminary rounds.
This is the 4th edition for the FIBA Africa Under-16 Championship and The Pharaohs already won three titles. Both Egypt and Mali secured a place in the 2016 FIBA U17 World Championship in Spain by reaching the final round.
Ahmed Khalaf, the team’s top scorer with 16 points and 16 rebounds in the game, will join the All-Tournament team as he was named MVP of the tournament.