AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Basketball: Egypt wins U16 African Basketball Championship
Egypt U16 basketball team won the FIBA Africa U16 Championship after beating Mali in the final match on Saturday.
The game ended excitingly 64/63 for the Egyptians in Mali’s capital Bamako.
As everyone was expecting an overtime, Mohamed Youssef took advantage of the foul given 5 seconds before the game ended, snatching the championship from hosts by one point.
Egyptians won a total of seven games and lost one match to Mali in the preliminary rounds.
This is the 4th edition for the FIBA Africa Under-16 Championship and The Pharaohs already won three titles. Both Egypt and Mali secured a place in the 2016 FIBA U17 World Championship in Spain by reaching the final round.
Ahmed Khalaf, the team’s top scorer with 16 points and 16 rebounds in the game, will join the All-Tournament team as he was named MVP of the tournament.