Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Basketball: Egypt wins U16 African Basketball Championship
Egypt U16 basketball team won the FIBA Africa U16 Championship after beating Mali in the final match on Saturday.
The game ended excitingly 64/63 for the Egyptians in Mali’s capital Bamako.
As everyone was expecting an overtime, Mohamed Youssef took advantage of the foul given 5 seconds before the game ended, snatching the championship from hosts by one point.
Egyptians won a total of seven games and lost one match to Mali in the preliminary rounds.
This is the 4th edition for the FIBA Africa Under-16 Championship and The Pharaohs already won three titles. Both Egypt and Mali secured a place in the 2016 FIBA U17 World Championship in Spain by reaching the final round.
Ahmed Khalaf, the team’s top scorer with 16 points and 16 rebounds in the game, will join the All-Tournament team as he was named MVP of the tournament.