Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Basketball: Egypt wins U16 African Basketball Championship
The game ended excitingly 64/63 for the Egyptians in Mali’s capital Bamako.
As everyone was expecting an overtime, Mohamed Youssef took advantage of the foul given 5 seconds before the game ended, snatching the championship from hosts by one point.
Egyptians won a total of seven games and lost one match to Mali in the preliminary rounds.
This is the 4th edition for the FIBA Africa Under-16 Championship and The Pharaohs already won three titles. Both Egypt and Mali secured a place in the 2016 FIBA U17 World Championship in Spain by reaching the final round.
Ahmed Khalaf, the team’s top scorer with 16 points and 16 rebounds in the game, will join the All-Tournament team as he was named MVP of the tournament.