Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Stade Malien – ES Tunis match postponed due to bad weather
The match was halted in the 49th minute due to the torrential downpour in Bamako, with ES Tunis leading 0-1.
Play will resume on Monday at 6:30 p.m. Egypt time, and only the final 40 minutes will be played.
Promising Nigerian striker Edem Eduok scored the only goal in the 27th minute, giving the visitors a valuable advantage.
The teams returned to the pitch normally after the break, but it became obvious that the conditions were completely unsuitable for football; just four minutes into the second interval, the referee called a halt to proceedings as per CAF regulations.
Here is the moment when play was stopped by the referee:
As per CAF regulations, the match will restart from the exact minute when play was stopped, with both teams fielding the same players from the day before.