Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Al Ahly accept Wael Gomaa resignation
Tension began between the Ahly board and the club’s former defender following Gomaa’s interview with a daily newspaper, in which he talked about his quarrel with team members Hossam Ghaly and Abdallah El-Said
Al Ahly’s official website later announced that “The Rock” was given a vacation by the board and will not travel with the team to Tunisia for the match against Etoile du Sahel. Shortly after the team returned to Cairo, the club accepted the 40-year-old’s resignation.
Alaa Abdel-Sadek will be replacing the Al Ahly and Egypt legend for the time being.