Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Dzeko praises Roma teammate Mohamed Salah
AS Roma’s new signing Edin Dzeko praised his new teammate Mohamed Salah during his first interview with the Italian club.
The 29-year old striker joined Roma on a season-long loan from Manchester City for €4 million (around 35 million EGP) with an option to a permanent move after the loan ends.
Dzeko’s announcement was delayed as the club had used up their final non-EU player slot to sign Egypt’s Mohamed Salah; however, following Ivorian forward Seydou Doumbia’s return to CSKA Moscow earlier this week, the move was finally able to be completed.
The Manchester City loanee praised his new teammate Salah, who also is on loan from an EPL side – Chelsea – during his first interview with Roma, saying that he’ll be a valuable addition to the Italian club.
“I know Mohamed Salah, even from Basel, and I remember when he played against the English teams and scored a few goals,” Dzeko said to Roma TV.
“I think his last year at Fiorentina was a great season for him and I think Roma can be happy to have a player like him here. Hopefully, he can bring some more quality into the team,” he added.
The Bosnia-Hercegovina international also talked about his aspirations with his new team saying that he has set his sights on winning trophies with the Serie A club.
“Hopefully we will win many, many trophies but first we have to work hard on the pitch and at the end, hopefully we will get where we want to be,” Dzeko said.
“I never talk about personal targets. I think the first thing and the most important thing is that AS Roma have a lot of success and win each game,” he added.
Dzeko scored 72 goals in 189 appearances for Manchester City since joining from Wolfsburg in January 2011.