Egypt beach soccer team manager Ahmed Abdel-Razek announced the squad travelling to...
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- The Scout: An Egyptian talent that joined ISIS
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
Dzeko praises Roma teammate Mohamed Salah
AS Roma’s new signing Edin Dzeko praised his new teammate Mohamed Salah during his first interview with the Italian club.
The 29-year old striker joined Roma on a season-long loan from Manchester City for €4 million (around 35 million EGP) with an option to a permanent move after the loan ends.
Dzeko’s announcement was delayed as the club had used up their final non-EU player slot to sign Egypt’s Mohamed Salah; however, following Ivorian forward Seydou Doumbia’s return to CSKA Moscow earlier this week, the move was finally able to be completed.
The Manchester City loanee praised his new teammate Salah, who also is on loan from an EPL side – Chelsea – during his first interview with Roma, saying that he’ll be a valuable addition to the Italian club.
“I know Mohamed Salah, even from Basel, and I remember when he played against the English teams and scored a few goals,” Dzeko said to Roma TV.
“I think his last year at Fiorentina was a great season for him and I think Roma can be happy to have a player like him here. Hopefully, he can bring some more quality into the team,” he added.
The Bosnia-Hercegovina international also talked about his aspirations with his new team saying that he has set his sights on winning trophies with the Serie A club.
“Hopefully we will win many, many trophies but first we have to work hard on the pitch and at the end, hopefully we will get where we want to be,” Dzeko said.
“I never talk about personal targets. I think the first thing and the most important thing is that AS Roma have a lot of success and win each game,” he added.
Dzeko scored 72 goals in 189 appearances for Manchester City since joining from Wolfsburg in January 2011.