Egypt’s Amr Warda has been voted as PAOK’s best player as he...
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
Dzeko praises Roma teammate Mohamed Salah
AS Roma’s new signing Edin Dzeko praised his new teammate Mohamed Salah during his first interview with the Italian club.
The 29-year old striker joined Roma on a season-long loan from Manchester City for €4 million (around 35 million EGP) with an option to a permanent move after the loan ends.
Dzeko’s announcement was delayed as the club had used up their final non-EU player slot to sign Egypt’s Mohamed Salah; however, following Ivorian forward Seydou Doumbia’s return to CSKA Moscow earlier this week, the move was finally able to be completed.
The Manchester City loanee praised his new teammate Salah, who also is on loan from an EPL side – Chelsea – during his first interview with Roma, saying that he’ll be a valuable addition to the Italian club.
“I know Mohamed Salah, even from Basel, and I remember when he played against the English teams and scored a few goals,” Dzeko said to Roma TV.
“I think his last year at Fiorentina was a great season for him and I think Roma can be happy to have a player like him here. Hopefully, he can bring some more quality into the team,” he added.
The Bosnia-Hercegovina international also talked about his aspirations with his new team saying that he has set his sights on winning trophies with the Serie A club.
“Hopefully we will win many, many trophies but first we have to work hard on the pitch and at the end, hopefully we will get where we want to be,” Dzeko said.
“I never talk about personal targets. I think the first thing and the most important thing is that AS Roma have a lot of success and win each game,” he added.
Dzeko scored 72 goals in 189 appearances for Manchester City since joining from Wolfsburg in January 2011.